Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete last character in dos file Post 302278025 by Franklin52 on Monday 19th of January 2009 04:48:30 AM
Old 01-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by phani1312
Hi Franklin52,

I have tried to remove the ^Z at the end of the file as recommended by you sed 's/^Z//' file but the ^Z still exists any help.

TQ
Have you typed Ctrl-v and Ctrl-z as I mentioned before?

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file.please give the required commands for my requirement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file Permnently.please give the required commands for my requirement. required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a character at the end of a file.

I am having a file which has data like this:- 1,2,3,4,5, But I need to remove the last comma from this file. So the data should be like 1,2,3,4,5 The command I tried was temp=`cat ${FileName}.txt` len=`awk '{print length($0)}' ${FileName}.txt` len=`expr $len - 1` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rony_daniel
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete parts of a string of character in one given column of a tab delimited file

I would like to remove characters from column 7 so that from an input file looking like this: >HWI-EAS422_12:4:1:69:89 GGTTTAAATATTGCACAAAAGGTATAGAGCGT U0 1 0 0 ref_chr8.fa 6527777 F DD I get something like that in an output file: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matlavmac
13 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Replace first existence of any character using DOS

Hi I want to replace first existence of the character code I m using is for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in (test2.csv) do ( set str=%%a echo !str::=,! >> test3.csv ) However it is replacing all the ':' whereas I want to replace first ':' by ',' and leave rest of the ':' as it is. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] delete character in vi file

I have a file with lots of unnecessary double quotes ("). I tried to remove them but not successful. Please assist. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)