Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Terminal scripting to automate login to cisco devices. Help Please ! Post 302277978 by drdread on Monday 19th of January 2009 03:10:51 AM
Old 01-19-2009
That part I know, I am just trying to make my life easy and not type in the user name and password to all the devices I log into.

Just want to click a file on my mac and have the script
1 open terminal.
2 start loging screen output.
3 open a telnet or ssh for u.
4 trype in my user name and password for the device.

I do these with about 50 logings per day if not more.

So what u got cooking there.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

R

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to cisco devices via console

I use configure cisco devices daily using hyper terminal in windows via the serial port. Is there an alternative solution in unix that I can connect to a cisco console port via serial port? What application do I need?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgroove3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on ssh login script to cisco ios

I'm trying to write a login script to ssh into a cisco switch that will run some command remotely. Similar to this expect script located here: SSH login expect shell script to supply username and password However, that script does not work with cisco ios. Anyway know what the best way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate CVS login using shell script

Hi, Can anyone pls help me to automate login to cvs. I basically want to login to cvs and update a file. the script always gets to the login and returns the prompt for a password. Is there any way to send the password in the script itself. Here is the script: #!/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate pbrun login through script?

Hi All, I need information regarding how to automate the pbrun process in script in Linux. Example sample script below, #!bin/sh /usr/xyz/pbrun testusr -password testpwd testusr is username for pbrun and testpwd is password for pbrun. Im not sure if it is correct way to invoke pbrun in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pravs4info
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script to automate login in to remote server

Greetings, guys. I'm not much of a programmer forgive me for being a noob, because of someone leaving, I was put in an IT spot where I have to figure out a few things. Being new to Linux and programming has been a challenge. My boss has asked me to create an automated script to connect to a 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovannym
7 Replies

6. Linux

Syslog Server for Cisco Devices

Hi, My name is SAMKZ and I'm a dummy with Linux and I'm so sad about that. I need to have a Syslog Server to archive Logs from my Cisco Routers and Switches. I'd like to know to most robust way of doing this. I've installed Centos 5.9 and Trixbox both on VMWares. I've read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAMKZ
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to automate telnet login

i have to connect windows server from one of the unix box so i am using telnet and below is my following code #!/bin/sh host=hostname log=loginid port=23 pass=password cmd1=mkdir test1234 ( echo open ${host} ${port} sleep 1 echo ${log} sleep 3 echo "\r\n" sleep 3 echo ${pass}... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandan.p
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate OTPW login to ssh via bash script

Hello everyone. I'm a Linux novice trying out a lot of bash scripting lately, as it is so very addictive. Lately I have been setting up one of my boxes remotely and have been hardening it as much as possible. Please allow me to explain the scenario, as it does tend to become a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: instro
1 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)