Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display time required to complete running script Post 302277815 by npatwardhan on Sunday 18th of January 2009 08:20:30 AM
Old 01-18-2009
display time required to complete running script

hi is there any way i can display a countdown time needed to run a script? like load a counter at the beginning of the script with the estimated time and display the counter decrementing till it finishes running the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to display last login date/time?

I was wondering if anyone had a script that would display the last time a user logged into a particular machine. I know about the "last" command, but it gives too much info.... I just wanted to know the last time a user used his/her id. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryaneverett5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script takes long time to complete

Hi all, I wrote this shell script to validate filed numbers for input file. But it take forever to complete validation on a file. The average speed is like 9mins/MB. Can anyone tell me how to improve the performance of a shell script? Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzman
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display time difference..

Hi i've written a script which reads last two line of the log file from N number of servers and send the mail by redirecting to a particular log file. And the two lines is displayed below. Oracle Q03 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 18:35:46 Oracle Q03 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 14:18:15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to display time

hey folks, i am stuc in this problem. You all might help me out. I want to write a BASH script to display time every 15 seconds using %r field descriptor. And want to clear the window each time before displaying time using clear command. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojrsb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

<AIX>Problem in purge script, taking very very long time to complete 18.30hrs

Hi, I have here a script which is used to purge older files/directories based on defined purge period. The script consists of 45 find commands, where each command will need to traverse through more than a million directories. Therefore a single find command executes around 22-25 mins... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to display complete format of ps

Hi All, For one of my script I need to get the complete format of PS as result. Actually in our application, we have to execute some program to get the data for batch files. Now there is some java script is running on unix for this which is not identifiable. I want to know how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishank.jain
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Shell script to display user logged in within given time

how can i know which users have logged in at specified given start and end time in 24 hour format? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meherzad4u
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display problem when running a remote script

Hi, Quick question, someone will hopefully be able to stop me from :wall:. I currently have a script which calls a script on a remote machine and captures the stdout to a file: ssh <user>@<server> > output 2>/dev/null <<_EOF /path/script.ksh _EOF This runs the script but the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display information of the script while its running?

how to display the messages on screen IN PERL such as " 1. Entering while loop" if the script enters a while loop. 2. Checking FILENAME. etc... 3. Print statement is also not helpful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display current directory for a running process for script

I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following: 1) Ask the user what process they want to search for. 2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process. 3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)