Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How can I create a new swap location in ZFS? Post 302277640 by jlliagre on Saturday 17th of January 2009 04:32:49 AM
Old 01-17-2009
You cannot use a swap device as a dump device on ZFS. Is "/dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap was dump device --" really a message you got from running the swap command ?

How much RAM is installed ? Reducing the dump device size from 8 to 1 GB might prevent a crash dump to complete.

If your swap is in use and no other swap area can pick the stored pages, you cannot remove a swap area.

What exactly are you trying to reproduce with your settings ? kernel panics ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of commands in a central location, and then run them all remotely through a ssh here

I'm trying to write a script that in the end will from one central location hop to a bunch of servers and then run a series of ping tests. The thing is, the list of devices that needs to be pinged is going to be different for each server. So what I want to do is be able to do is read through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

2. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox create new profile in non default location

Could someone please explain how to setup a new firefox profile in non default location from the command line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Create files to introduce with ZFS

Hello, To learn ZFS, i try to create pool . and for that i want create 10 files with 512MB (because i dont have multiple disks and multiple controllers) ADMIT THAT THIS IS TEN HIGH-PERFORMANCE HARD DRIVES To get this 10 files,all of them have the same size : 512MB, I do these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
9 Replies

5. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Trying to create ZFS slice on rpool

I have a 240GB disk as rpool. I have installed Solaris 11.3 to a partition which is 110GB. Now I have another 130GB which is unallocated. I want to use that additional space as a temporary folder to be shared between Solaris and Linux. The additional space had no /dev/dsk/c2t4... entry so I used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
8 Replies

7. Solaris

How do I add extra ZFS swap in Solaris 11.3?

Hello, I have given 3 x 1 TB LUNs to add more swap space in a Solaris 11.3 OS -bash-4.4# swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap 303,1 16 8388592 8388592 -bash-4.4# swap -s total: 84780376k bytes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
5 Replies
Glib::Flags(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Glib::Flags(3pm)

NAME
Glib::Flags - Overloaded operators representing GLib flags HIERARCHY
Glib::Flags DESCRIPTION
Glib maps flag and enum values to the nicknames strings provided by the underlying C libraries. Representing flags this way in Perl is an interesting problem, which Glib solves by using some cool overloaded operators. The functions described here actually do the work of those overloaded operators. See the description of the flags operators in the "This Is Now That" section of Glib for more info. METHODS
scalar = $class->new ($a) o $a (scalar) Create a new flags object with given bits. This is for use from a subclass, it's not possible to create a "Glib::Flags" object as such. For example, my $f1 = Glib::ParamFlags->new ('readable'); my $f2 = Glib::ParamFlags->new (['readable','writable']); An object like this can then be used with the overloaded operators. scalar = $a->all ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) aref = $f->as_arrayref Return the bits of $f as a reference to an array of strings, like ['flagbit1','flagbit2']. This is the overload function for "@{}", ie. arrayizing $f. You can call it directly as a method too. Note that @$f gives the bits as a list, but as_arrayref gives an arrayref. If an arrayref is what you want then the method style somefunc()->as_arrayref can be more readable than [@{somefunc()}]. bool = $f->bool Return 1 if any bits are set in $f, or 0 if none are set. This is the overload for $f in boolean context (like "if", etc). You can call it as a method to get a true/false directly too. integer = $a->eq ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) integer = $a->ge ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) scalar = $a->intersect ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) integer = $a->ne ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) scalar = $a->sub ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) scalar = $a->union ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) scalar = $a->xor ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) SEE ALSO
Glib COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Glib for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 Glib::Flags(3pm)