Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIM Questions
Operating Systems AIX NIM Questions Post 302277483 by balaji_prk on Friday 16th of January 2009 12:26:12 PM
Old 01-16-2009
Error NIM Questions

I have been trying to increase the NIM usage in my AIX environment especially for patching, got few questions

1. If I have a service pack available in the nim server, how do I define that particular directory as an LPP source, without again copying it somewhere else ie I want to define that directory itself as an lpp_source

2. Is there any way I can install e-fix from Nim server on to clients?

3. Does the below make sense?

Download a TL -> create lpp source of that TL -> add service packs to that lpp_source -> add APAR's to that lpp_source

Balaji

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM Questions

I'm trying to find a simple solution for imaging/restore of systems, and it seems like NIM should be able to do what I need. I am having some issues though. I set up a NIM server using 'eznim', added a client, and was able to perform a sysb backup via NIM over the network. My first... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
5 Replies

3. AIX

Nim

Hello guys, what is a sure-shot single command to find out if the NIM environment is working properly from both master as well as client side? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
2 Replies

4. AIX

Nim

Hello everyone I have two questions. 1.-The NIM and EZNIM are the same. 2.-If I have in one partition NIM installed I need to install EZNIM or I need to unistall NIM and then install EZNIM. Thanks for your comments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. AIX

Nim

Hello I would like to hear your opinions about shell and nimsh I install the nim master on a server and and client nim on others servers. I backup this clients with the NIM master. When Im trying to install the clients with the option nimsh (communication protocol) send me an error ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
add entry(1m)															     add entry(1m)

NAME
add entry - Adds a name service entry to the name service database SYNOPSIS
rpccp add entry entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target name service entry. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell- relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add entry command adds an unspecialized entry to the name service database. The name of the entry is required. The new entry initially contains no NSI attributes. This command creates a general name service entry for an application or user. The application or user can later use the export, add element, and add member commands to make the generic entry into a server entry, a group, or a profile (or a combination), as follows: For a server entry, specify the new entry as the target entry for the rpccp export command. For a group, specify the new entry as the target group for the rpccp add member command. For a profile, specify the new entry as the tar- get profile for the rpccp add element command. The add entry command enables administrators to add entries for users who lack the required permissions. If you have the permissions required by the add entry command, you can also add an entry using an export, add member, or add element command; if the entry you specify does not exist, the command creates the entry. Privilege Required To add an entry, you need insert permission to the parent directory and both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target name service entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start RPCCP and add an unspecialized entry to the name service database: $ rpccp rpccp> add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_2 The following command operates from the system prompt to add an unspecialized entry to the name service data- base: $ rpccp add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove entry(1m), show entry(1m) add entry(1m)