Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users a question about debug using gdb(/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory) Post 302277312 by yanglei_fage on Friday 16th of January 2009 02:46:07 AM
Old 01-16-2009
a question about debug using gdb(/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory)

Hi all,

(gdb) target remote 192.168.185.196:1389
Remote debugging using 192.168.185.196:1389
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
0x2fbd0800 in ?? ()
(gdb) l
1 #include <stdio.h>
3 int main()
4 {
5 printf ("Hello World\n");
6 return 0;
7 }
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1000067c: file hello.c, line 5.
(gdb) info reg pc
pc: 0x2fbd0800
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Error while mapping shared library sections:
/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory.
Error while mapping shared library sections:
/lib32/ld.so.1: No such file or directory.

Breakpoint 1, main () at hello.c:5
5 printf ("Hello World\n");

From the above message, we can see the gdb use the host lib,as we know, It *should* using target lib, it confuses me , why it can get the right output using the host lib,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

general question on executing file in drwx--x--x directory

suppose: nevermind, i figured it out, haha... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8erppl
2 Replies

2. Programming

To use lib or lib32?

A good day to you, dear experts, I am a newbie, I noticed in binutils or gcc there are lib and lib32 and lib64, to take binutils as an example, My system is sgi IRIX6.5, which is suggested to use "n32" flag during the compiling and linking, is that mean that I need to use lib32? Q1. which one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
2 Replies

3. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. Programming

Debug two process Using GDB

Hi All I know How to attach a process to beubg it .But for my application I am using client as well server.Both are two separate process .Suppose I need to debug both .How to attach both of them together .Or I have to attach them separetly . Suppose client process id is 1325 and server is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to debug .so file??

Hi All, I have a question on debugging the .so file. When I am running makefile I am getting a .so file and we are using that .so file for executing our code.But I want to know 1.Can I use dbx or gdb to debug a .so file? 2.How can i generate .out file so that i can use that in dbx or gdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.sen1213
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all, Hope you are doing well. I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server. Situation: There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel1014
3 Replies

8. Programming

GDB No line in file error

Hi, I have a c program i compile with gcc4.5. This elf, if I use gdb and put a breakpoint on main, instead has a breakpoint in a function other than main or says no line in file. I verified the elf is 1 to 1 with source, have all debug symbols for compilation etc. The problem I think is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
2 Replies

9. Programming

Can't debug: assert error with gdb (no problem without)

I'm sorry if the title is really criptic, but I don't know how to phrase my problem. I know I can't really ask for a solution, and I normally wouldn't but this is really escaping my abilities. Antefacts. I developed a program using the zeromq messaging library. I got to a point where the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
11 Replies

10. Programming

Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application.

Some background: The application normally runs on an embedded platform. Currently, for development purposes, I have the rootfs located @ /exports and the target is communicating over NFS. That way I can make a change on my local system, save the application @ /exports, and run the altered... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies
AGGREGATE-IOS(1)                                              General Commands Manual                                             AGGREGATE-IOS(1)

NAME
aggregate-ios - optimise a concatenated set of cisco/IOS prefix filters to help make them nice and short. SYNOPSIS
aggregate-ios <source_config >optimised_config DESCRIPTION
Takes cisco IOS configuration on stdin, and optimises any prefix filters found using aggregate(1). Optimised filters are produced on std- out. OPTIONS
None. DIAGNOSTICS
Any diagnostics produced by aggregate(1) are passed through on stderr. EXAMPLES
The following configuration fragment: ip prefix-list AS65530 description Foo, Inc ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.1.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.1.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.3.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65531 description Bar.Com ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 5 permit 192.168.1.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 10 permit 192.168.2.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 15 permit 192.168.0.0/19 is optimised as follows: ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.1.0.0/16 le 24 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.0.0/15 le 24 ip prefix-list AS65531 permit 192.168.0.0/19 le 24 SEE ALSO
aggregate(1) HISTORY
Aggregate-ios was written by Joe Abley <jabley@mfnx.net>. BUGS
All those in aggregate(1) and then some :) Joe Abley 2000 November 27 AGGREGATE-IOS(1)