Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer? Post 302276831 by Corona688 on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 05:23:53 PM
Old 01-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarkin
I also use the command line and like to script everything, however, that doesn't mean it can't be efficiently done from the GUI.
The problem with relying on the topmost system layer is the lower, less visible ones may end up badly neglected. I haven't seen much refinement to OSX's UNIX underpinnings at all; it's enough to run Darwin, and beyond that they don't demand much of it. Darwin gets the new features and development.

Last edited by Corona688; 01-14-2009 at 06:29 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer

I guess Mac has default bash. Then I copy my code to another comp and run it...And it gives me an error like "bad substitution".... How I can change my code??? Never had before this kind of situation. Help please. if then n=$(sort /Users/Natalie/lastserial | tail -1) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)

NAME
hp-search-mac -- HP switch search tool. DESCRIPTION
HP-search-MAC is an util that can query HP switches for their connection table. It then allow you to search for a MAC address and tell you where it is physically connected (best match first). . The functionality is similar to traceroute but on Ethernet level and only for HP switches. USAGE
hp-search-mac [options] [MAC] [...] OPTIONS
hp-search-mac [options] mac [ [options] mac ] [...] options: --dl n Set debug level to n. --help Print this help. --hostname host[=>community] | -h host[=>community] Set a switch name to search. You can also set this in /etc/hp-search-mac.conf or ~/.hp-search-mac.conf. The hash to set is \%switches. Mac: You can use some different formats: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (hex) ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff (hex) 0.123.0.12.0.12.0 (dec) CONFIGURATION: \%switches: This is a normal perl hash of the form \%switches = ("host" => "community", ...); AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> SEE ALSO
snmp-walk(1) snmp-get(1) hp-search-mac Mon Apr 7 21:21:44 CEST 2008 HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)