Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat LDAP auth, secondary groups doesnt works Post 302276618 by sncr24 on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 08:26:01 AM
Old 01-14-2009
> should be username

... nice shooting!

Thx for all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iPlanet on HP-UX - WANT to auth aganist MS Directory Services/LDAP

I am running iPlanet 6 on HP-UX 11, and presently all users can access the site. There are 6000 users accessing the website from an Windows Network. I would like users to access the site, but would also like to log user ID's in the access log, without prompting users for an ID/Password. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuterj
1 Replies

2. AIX

SSH + LDAP Auth Giving Fits

I'm having a bear of a time getting my LDAP connection going, so I hope someone here has some insight. I have AIX 5.3 running on an LPAR. I have ldap-client, ldap-max-crypto-client, gskak, and gskte installed. I'm able to set up the connection via mksecldap, and I can query users just fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlexDeGruven
1 Replies

3. Solaris

sudoers file with groups in LDAP

Hello gurus, I've been working on a sudoers file to work with groups in LDAP. I've created the groups in LDAP and added the users to there respective groups. I've also setup my sudoers file to have the groups match what is in LDAP. And I've added ldap to nsswitch.conf in the group line. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How ldap authentiation works with TLS?

I am confused in understanding, how ldap authentication works. Anyone has any idea ? I also want to know when you create certificate where does openldap stores certificate information. $nilesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

5. Linux

Secondary groups not working with NFS (+LDAP)

I´m using LDAP for groups and NFS for home dirs. My problem is as follows: I only have a few groups, so it's not the problem everyone else had. When I've mounted a disk over NFS, I need to have my primary group in order to read in the groups I'm a member of. Secondary groups is not working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: velmont
0 Replies

6. AIX

Kerberos and LDAP Auth

Good day I am trying to configure Kerberos and LDAP authentication on AIX 5.3 with Windows 2003 R2 but something is not quite right. When I ran kinit username I get a ticket and I can display it using klist. When the user login I can see the ticket request on Windows 2003, but the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariusb
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Configure Squid to use LDAP group auth to deny internet access

Hi all We have squid-2.5.STABLE11-3.FC4 running in our environment. LDAP authentication works fine. Active Directory 2003 Users are prompted to enter credentials every time they access the net. The system works perfectly, but I need to configure Squid to block users in a specific AD group.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap , search groups that user belong

i want run query to identify witch groups that user A belong, CN=name,CN=Users,DC=mydomain ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines) On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user on all machines. On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not wbinfo -u works fine wbinfo -g works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

10. Gentoo

LDAP-Auth does not work correctly with systemd

Hi, since the upgrade to Gnome 3.6 (now i have 3.8) the authentication over LDAP stops working. The whole machine does not start anymore. The machine boot, but no gdm and no X. I can login, with root, but then the tty hangs. When i look at ttyF12 i see a lot of systemd service the runs random,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darktux
1 Replies
LOGINS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOGINS(1)

NAME
logins -- display account information SYNOPSIS
logins [-admopstux] [-g groups] [-l logins] DESCRIPTION
The logins utility displays information about user and system accounts. The following options are available: -a Display information about the password change and account expiration times for each account. -d Select accounts with duplicate UIDs. -g groups Select accounts that are members of the specified groups. If multiple group names are specified, they must be separated with com- mas. -l logins Select accounts matching the specified login names. If multiple names are specified, they must be separated with commas. -m Show information about secondary groups. -o Display the information for each account on a single line of colon-separated fields. -p Select accounts with no password. -s Select system accounts. These are currently defined as accounts with UIDs below 1000, plus the ``nobody'' account (UID 65534). -t Sort selected accounts by name rather than by UID. -u Select user accounts. These are currently defined as accounts with UIDs above 1000, except the ``nobody'' account (UID 65534). -x Display information about each account's home directory and shell. If multiple selection options are specified, all accounts matching any of the selection criteria will be displayed. If no selection options are specified, all accounts will be displayed. SEE ALSO
getgrent(3), getpwent(3), group(5), passwd(5), pw(8) HISTORY
The logins utility appeared in FreeBSD 4.10. AUTHORS
The logins utility was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org> based on similar utilities in other operating systems. BSD
March 6, 2004 BSD