Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nim
Operating Systems AIX Nim Post 302276272 by solaix14 on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 11:24:45 AM
Old 01-13-2009
Understood.

thanks bakunin..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM errors

Hello all, I have a NIM master already up and running. When I try to add a client to the NIM environment (from client side), I get the following errors: 1) 0042-376 niminit: This command cannot be executed on a NIM master unless the "is_alternate" attribute is specified. (I never... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
5 Replies

3. AIX

NIM Questions

I have been trying to increase the NIM usage in my AIX environment especially for patching, got few questions 1. If I have a service pack available in the nim server, how do I define that particular directory as an LPP source, without again copying it somewhere else ie I want to define that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

4. AIX

Nim

Hello everyone I have two questions. 1.-The NIM and EZNIM are the same. 2.-If I have in one partition NIM installed I need to install EZNIM or I need to unistall NIM and then install EZNIM. Thanks for your comments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. AIX

Nim

Hello I would like to hear your opinions about shell and nimsh I install the nim master on a server and and client nim on others servers. I backup this clients with the NIM master. When Im trying to install the clients with the option nimsh (communication protocol) send me an error ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help Nim

Hi everybody.. I need help with nim .. I am install nim master in may ambient. # lsnim -l master master: class = machines type = master max_nimesis_threads = 20 comments = machine which controls the NIM environment global_export ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwb
2 Replies

8. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
cat(1)								   User Commands							    cat(1)

NAME
cat - concatenate and display files SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/cat /usr/bin/cat [-nbsuvet] [file...] ksh93 cat [-bdenstuvABDEST] [file...] DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/cat The cat utility reads each file in sequence and writes it on the standard output. Thus: example% cat file prints file on your terminal, and: example% cat file1 file2 >file3 concatenates file1 and file2, and writes the results in file3. If no input file is given, cat reads from the standard input file. ksh93 The cat built-in in ksh93 is associated with the /bin and /usr/bin paths. It is invoked when cat is executed without a pathname prefix and the pathname search finds a /bin/cat or /usr/bin/cat executable. cat copies each file in sequence to the standard output. If no file is specified, or if the file is -, cat copies from standard input starting at the current location. OPTIONS
/usr/bin/cat The following options are supported by /usr/bin/cat: -b Number the lines, as -n, but omit the line numbers from blank lines. -n Precede each line output with its line number. -s cat is silent about non-existent files. -u The output is not buffered. Buffered output is the default. -v Non-printing characters, with the exception of tabs, NEWLINEs and form feeds, are printed visibly. ASCII control characters (octal 000 - 037) are printed as ^n, where n is the corresponding ASCII character in the range octal 100 - 137 (@, A, B, C, . . ., X, Y, Z, [, , ], ^, and _); the DEL character (octal 0177) is printed ^?. Other non-printable characters are printed as M-x, where x is the ASCII character specified by the low-order seven bits. When used with the -v option, the following options can be used: -e A $ character is printed at the end of each line, prior to the NEWLINE. -t Tabs are printed as ^Is and form feeds to be printed as ^Ls. The -e and -t options are ignored if the -v option is not specified. ksh93 ksh93 cat supports the following options: -b --number-nonblank Number lines as with -n but omit line numbers from blank lines. -d --dos-input Open input files in text mode. Removes RETURNs in front of NEWLINEs on some systems. -e Equivalent to -vE. -n --number Insert a line number at the beginning of each line. -s Equivalent to -S for att universe and -B otherwise. -t Equivalent to -vT. -u --unbuffer Do not delay the output by buffering. -v --show-nonprinting Cause non-printing characters (with the exception of TABs, NEWLINEs, and form feeds) to be output as printable character sequences. ASCII control characters are printed as ^n, where n is the corresponding ASCII character in the range octal 100-137. The DEL character (octal 0177) is copied as ^?. Other non-printable characters are copied as M-x where x is the ASCII character specified by the low-order seven bits. Multi-byte characters in the current locale are treated as printable characters. -A --show-all Equivalent to -vET. -B --squeeze-blank Replace multiple adjacent NEWLINE characters with one NEWLINE. -D --dos-output Open output files in text mode. Insert RETURNs in front of NEWLINEs on some systems. -E --show-ends Insert a $ before each NEWLINE. -S --silent cat is silent about non-existent files. -T --show-blank Copies TABs as ^I and form feeds as ^L. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: file A path name of an input file. If no file is specified, the standard input is used. If file is -, cat reads from the standard input at that point in the sequence. cat does not close and reopen standard input when it is referenced in this way, but accepts multiple occurrences of - as file. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cat when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Concatenating a File The following command writes the contents of the file myfile to standard output: example% cat myfile Example 2 Concatenating Two files into One The following command concatenates the files doc1 and doc2 and writes the result to doc.all. example% cat doc1 doc2 > doc.all Example 3 Concatenating Two Arbitrary Pieces of Input with a Single Invocation When standard input is a terminal, the following command gets two arbitrary pieces of input from the terminal with a single invocation of cat: example% cat start - middle - end > file when standard input is a terminal, gets two arbitrary pieces of input from the terminal with a single invocation of cat. If standard input is a regular file, example% cat start - middle - end > file would be equivalent to the following command: cat start - middle /dev/null end > file because the entire contents of the file would be consumed by cat the first time - was used as a file operand and an end-of-file condition would be detected immediately when -was referenced the second time. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cat: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were output successfully. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/bin/cat +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ksh93 +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The ksh93 built-in binding to /bin and /usr/bin is Volatile. The built-in interfaces are Uncommitted. SEE ALSO
touch(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) NOTES
Redirecting the output of cat onto one of the files being read causes the loss of the data originally in the file being read. For example, example% cat filename1 filename2 > filename1 causes the original data in filename1 to be lost. SunOS 5.11 8 Apr 2008 cat(1)