Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: at jobs
Operating Systems Solaris at jobs Post 302276247 by priky on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 10:35:42 AM
Old 01-13-2009
at jobs

how to schedule a reboot using the at jobs ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jobs

I am running this script below as a cron job for user root. In fact I set this job early last week and expected it to delete archive logs older than 7 days, but doesn't work - just displays the echo messages and no error. Can somebody advise me the probable causes ?? DAY_AFTER=7; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbaskar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

at jobs.

Please suggest how can i modify or change the at jobs ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
4 Replies

5. SCO

Create at jobs

Dear Experts, I would like to know how to create at jobs from scratch, i.e. files to modify, files to create etc. For example, i would like my system to be able to backup data everyday at 13:00 and restart everyday at 0600. How do i make atjobs regenerate the jobs. Am using Sco Openserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njoroge
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cron jobs

Hi Frenz, How do we get a cron job running in background to foreground ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkalase
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
qorder(1B)								PBS								qorder(1B)

NAME
qorder - exchange order of two pbs batch jobs in a queue. SYNOPSIS
qorder job_identifier job_identifier DESCRIPTION
To order two jobs is to exchange the jobs positions in the queue or queues in which the jobs resides. The two jobs must be located at the same server. No attribute of the job, such as priority is changed. The impact of interchanging the order with the queue(s) is dependent on local job scheduled policy, contact your systems administrator. A job in the running state cannot be reordered. OPERANDS
Both operands are job_identifiers which specify the jobs to be exchanged. The qorder command accepts two job_identifier operands of the form: sequence_number[.server_name][@server] The server specification for the two jobs must agree as to the current location of the two job IDs. STANDARD ERROR
The qorder command will write diagnostic messages to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qorder command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qorder command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B), qmove(1B), pbs_orderjob(3B), pbs_movejob(3B) Local qorder(1B)