Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help understanding script command Post 302275965 by Ikon on Monday 12th of January 2009 05:27:21 PM
Old 01-12-2009
This executes ls -l for each file "*" that it finds. So it give the file details filename, file size, etc...
Code:
-exec ls -l {} \;

this list the lines that DO NOT have " 200" in them. See example below.
Code:
-v " 200"

Code:
# cat test.log
John Smith
Bill Smith
Jack Brown
James Brown
Jill Smith
# cat test.log | grep Smith
John Smith
Bill Smith
Jill Smith
# cat test.log | grep -v "Smith"
Jack Brown
James Brown

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help Understanding a Unix Command

Trying to install something. Can someone explain what this means? chmod -R a+r . chmod -R a+w logo.gif tempdir/ templates_c/ I recognize that file permissions are being changed (chmod), but beyond that, it's Greek to me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris86
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in understanding this command

Hi All, I search the forum for my query, Glad that got solution to it. But i really want to understand how does this command work. sed -e ':a' -e 's/\("*\),\(*"\)/\1~\2/;ta' Basically it is replacing all the comma(,) characters in between quotes with a tilde. Specially what does ':a' ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSDexter
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

understanding the kill command

Hi Guys, I like to know if i have a process which triggers 10 different child processes. How to identify out of the 11 processes running which is the parent process and what are the child process? And if i kill the parent process will the child process be killed.. if not is there a way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

understanding mv command

hi i was moving a file from one directory to another with the following cmmand mv /home/hsghh/dfd/parent/file.txt . while doing so i i accidently mv /home/hsghh/dfd/dfd . although i gave ctrl c and terminate the move command some of the file are missing in the parent directory and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan71184
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding the output command

Could you please explain me whats happening in the below code, appreciate your help, Thank you. /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/NewDAC/dacRecBuilder.sh /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/TgtFiles/NEW_DAC/DAC_Pos_TradeInv_Records.out ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Understanding 'du' command

Hi I have a questions related 2 commands : 'du' and 'ls'. Why is the difference between output of 'du' and 'ls' cmd's ? Command 'du' : ------------------ jakubn@server1 /home/jakubn $ du -s * 4 engine.ksh 1331 scripts 'du -s *' ---> shows block count size on disk (512 Bytes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding 'find' command

I want to understand what does this command do:confused::confused: find . \( -type f -o -type 1 \) Plz someone explain me ! Thanks much in advance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sears
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding nm command output

After running nm command on any object file from out put can we get to know that wheather a symbol is a call to a function or definition of function ? I am searching a class and function definitions inside many .so files. I have 3 files which contain the symbol but I don't know wheather they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding sed command

Hi Friends, I need a small help in understanding the below sed command. $ cat t4.txt 1 root 1 58 0 888K 368K sleep 4:06 0.00% init 1 root 1 58 0 888K 368K sleep 4:06 0.00% init last $ sed 's/*$//' t4.txt 1 root 1 58 0 888K ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help understanding what this ls -l command is checking in a script

Hello, we have a script that has the two following lines: ssh -qno StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o ConnectTimeout=1 user@IP 'ls -l /home/opsmgrsvc >/dev/null 2>&1' > /dev/null 2>&1 status="$(echo $?)" I can't understand what these two lines are doing? When I execute the first line nothing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
RDF::vCard::Line(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     RDF::vCard::Line(3pm)

NAME
RDF::vCard::Line - represents a line within a vCard DESCRIPTION
Instances of this class correspond to lines within vCards, though they could potentially be used as basis for other RFC 2425-based formats such as iCalendar. Constructor o "new(%options)" Returns a new RDF::vCard::Line object. The only options worth worrying about are: property (case-insensitive property name), value (arrayref or single string value), type_parameters (hashref of property-related parameters). RDF::vCard::Entity overloads stringification, so you can do the following: my $line = RDF::vCard::Line->new( property => 'email', value => 'joe@example.net', type_parameters => { type=>['PREF','INTERNET'] }, ); print "$line " if $line =~ /internet/i; Methods o "to_string()" Formats the line according to RFC 2425 and RFC 2426. o "add_to_model($model, $node)" Given an RDF::Trine::Model and an RDF::Trine::Node representing the entity (i.e. vcard) that this line belongs to, adds triples to the model for this line. o "property()" Returns the line's property - e.g. "EMAIL". o "property_node()" Returns the line's property as an RDF::Trine::Node that can be used as an RDF predicate. Returns undef if a sensible URI cannot be found. o "property_order()" Returns a string which can be used to sort a list of lines into a sensible order. o "value()" Returns an arrayref for the value. Each item in the arrayref could be a plain scalar, or an arrayref of scalars. For example the arrayref representing this name: N:Smith;John;Edward,James which is the vCard representation of somebody with surname Smith, given name John and additional names (middle names) Edward and James, might be represented with the following "value" arrayref: [ 'Smith', 'John', ['Edward', 'James'], ] or maybe: [ ['Smith'], 'John', ['Edward', 'James'], ] That's why it's sometimes useful to have a normalised version of it... o "nvalue()" Returns a normalised version of the arrayref for the value. It will always be an arrayref of arrayrefs. For example: [ ['Smith'], ['John'], ['Edward', 'James'], ] o "value_node()" Returns the line's value as an RDF::Trine::Node that can be used as an RDF object. For some complex properties (e.g. ADR, GEO, ORG, N, etc) the result is not especially useful. o "value_to_string()" Formats the line value according to RFC 2425 and RFC 2426. o "type_parameters()" Returns the type_parameters hashref. Here be monsters (kinda). SEE ALSO
RDF::vCard. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2011 Toby Inkster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-23 RDF::vCard::Line(3pm)