Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile autogenerated by shell script for a given .c code file Post 302275320 by darius2 on Friday 9th of January 2009 07:03:04 PM
Old 01-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Thank you for your post, it is a bit hard for people to understand you. Could you be very specific about how we can help you, one question at a time? Thanks.
Thanks my friend.
There is nothing complicated in asking basic questions.
I will try to describe you the issue.
I have been living on the Internet for the last 20 years
and expected to access some learning technologies to learn faster what I need for some research projects I am working on.

Example:1
about you:
----------------------

4,666 posts in only 8 years.
You must be both Sheel Programming and Scripting expert and guru.
You are smart and there is no more chance to read or view all of your posts.

Example: 2

My efforts to learn basic of Gnuplot.
I have visited via Google about 20 web sites devoted to Gnuplot.
Both manuals , FAQ, examples , papers ..
and spend more than 24 hours reading and testing gnuplot examples.

Could you tell me how to access 1-page abbriged gnuplot manual, just basics:
few examples for dumb terminal,
how to plot from data file input
how to plot from live data stream
how to plot from shell, perl, javascript, php script
how to write plot macro as a script

So what I am really interested in, is 1-page manual.
Otherwide I visit interesting web pages, each 20-50 pages long
and extract and extract what I really need for tests, to build
1-page manual of interest to me.

The same with c code examples.
Some come with Makefile, some don't, just zipped directory of files.

In the last few days tried to compile Linux dialog
and curses.h is missing
ncurses-devel
not compiled yet. for my Linux embedded device.

I can ask you, others to help me or look for 1-page HowTo manual to get help on myself.

That's the problem.
Visiting Google I get access to hundreds of web pages devoted to gnuplot, Linux dialog, Shell scripting.
But what I really need is 1-page HowTo manual
or good answer to my HowTo question.

As people are busy answering hundreds of questions, and to get the right answer promptly is not easy, my solution to this problem is to extract just what counts from 100-page manuals.

In the case of shell programming and scripting forum with thousands of questions asked over and over again, such an organization of archives with already answered questions, to keep text as short as possible
and questions aggregated by categories, tags.

Tag cloud is still not a solution to your 489 pages long archives.

I am sure, the same question, asked by me, have been already asked and got answered hundreds of times in the past at this or another place.
On Usenet, other web sites, mayby on Google Groups or the like.

And I work really hard to find answers to my questions on the net before asking them on your forum.
Mayby I am wrong, but referring me to a right place is as good as giving me a right answer.

So human-based Google-like search engine is exactly what I am looking for.

As you claim that it takes humans some time to understand a question asked in fully, so mayby there is a way to replace humans by
some algorithms, generating such abriged 1-page manuals
for a question asked ( knowledge extraction from Google scanned, indexed
and ranked virtual libraries).

If you are aware of any such solution, please let me know.

Darius

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

embeding shell script in makefile

Hi I am new to shell scripting and makefile. I want a command's output in makefile to process further, can anyone plz suggest me a way ? I want ls -d *.dsm output in a variable and want to process it in makefile itself. It's urgent Thanks In advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu12345
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script in makefile

Hi, Can we execute a shell script by makefile. I mean we will write a shell script in a make file and it will be executed when we compile the C++ program using make file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script makefile

Is there a way to write a makefile for all the source files in a directory with a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzhan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

turn on shell tracing of a makefile

hey, within a shell script file I know how to turn on tracing using "-x" #!/bin/bash -x now I have a complicated makefile which contains lots of `command`, and i would like to trace these `command`, where shall i put the option "-x"? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture makefile errors in shell script

Hi, I have a bash script which calls a few "make". I would like to know whether the makefile failed with any errors. How do I do that in the script? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call makefile from shell script

I'm writing a VERY simple shell script. I need to call a makefile in a subdirectory. What's the command I need to use? ./dir/make and ./dir/makefile doesn't work. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamahabob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a shell script through Makefile

I want to run a target defined in a shell script. The shell script name is 'ua.sc' and the target in it is 'N' i.e. (ua N) throught a makefile. How can i do it so that i can run it with a make target. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using a Shell Script in a Makefile

Hello, I have a Makefile that converts wrl (vrml) files to html files... how can I use a shell script in that makefile which works on all html files after converting? The Shell Script have to find and replace a String in every createt html file. sorry I'm a Newbie, so I hope someone can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan_78
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML code upload text file grep through shell script

I am looking for HTML code that browse text file and grep with database file then retrieve result txtfileuploaded contain 112233 115599 113366 shell code grep -F -f txtfileuploaded /data/database.txt result 112233 Mar 41$ 115599 Nov 44$ 113366 Oct 33$ attached... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpshell
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies
Apache::TestMM(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache::TestMM(3)

NAME
Apache::TestMM - Provide MakeMaker Wrapper Methods SYNOPSIS
require Apache::TestMM; # import MY::test and MY::clean overrides for MM Apache::TestMM->import(qw(test clean)); # parse command line args Apache::TestMM::filter_args(); # autogenerate the script Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); DESCRIPTION
"Apache::TestMM" provides wrappers for the "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" craft, making it easier to extend the autogenerated Makefile with "Apache::Test". FUNCTIONS
"import" use Apache::TestMM qw(test clean); or: Apache::TestMM->import(qw(test clean)); Imports "MY::" overrides for the default "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" test and clean targets, as if you have defined: sub MY::test {...} sub MY::clean {...} in Makefile.PL. "Apache::TestMM" does this for you so that these Makefile targets will run the Apache server and the tests for it, and clean up after its mess. "filter_args" push @ARGV, '-apxs', $apxs_path; Apache::TestMM::filter_args(); WriteMakefile(...); When "WriteMakefile()" is called it parses @ARGV, hoping to find special options like "PREFIX=/home/stas/perl". "Apache::Test" accepts a lot of configuration options of its own. When "Apache::TestMM::filter_args()" is called, it removes any "Apache::Test"-specific options from @ARGV and stores them internally, so when "WriteMakefile()" is called they aren't in @ARGV and thus won't be processed by "WriteMakefile()". The options can be set when Makefile.PL is called: % perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apxs Or you can push them manually to @ARGV from the code: push @ARGV, '-apxs', $apxs_path; When: Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); is called, "Apache::Test"-specific options extracted by "Apache::TestMM::filter_args()" are written to the autogenerated file. In our example, the autogenerated t/TEST will include: %Apache::TestConfig::Argv = qw(apxs /path/to/apxs); which is going to be used by the "Apache::Test" runtime. The other frequently used options are: "-httpd", telling where to find the httpd (usually when the "-apxs" option is not used), "-libmodperl" to use a specific mod_perl shared object (if your mod_perl is built as DSO), "-maxclients" to change the default number of the configured "MaxClients" directive, "-port" to start the server on a specific port, etc. To get the complete list of available configuration options and their purpose and syntax, run: % perl -MApache::TestConfig -le 'Apache::TestConfig::usage()' You may wish to document some of these in your application's README file, especially the "-apxs" and "-httpd" options. "generate_script" Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); "generate_script()" accepts the name of the script to generate and will look for a template with the same name and suffix .PL. So in our example it'll look for t/TEST.PL. The autogenerated script t/TEST will include the contents of t/TEST.PL, and special directives, including any configuration options passed via "filter_args()" called from Makefile.PL, special fixup code, etc. perl v5.12.1 2007-11-12 Apache::TestMM(3)