Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer? Post 302275288 by tlarkin on Friday 9th of January 2009 04:19:38 PM
Old 01-09-2009
Thanks for everyone who voted, if you don't mind elaborating your decision either I would appreciate it and also be interested in what you have to say.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer

I guess Mac has default bash. Then I copy my code to another comp and run it...And it gives me an error like "bad substitution".... How I can change my code??? Never had before this kind of situation. Help please. if then n=$(sort /Users/Natalie/lastserial | tail -1) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
XSelectInput(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XSelectInput(3)

NAME
XSelectInput - select input events SYNTAX
int XSelectInput(Display *display, Window w, long event_mask); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. event_mask Specifies the event mask. w Specifies the window whose events you are interested in. DESCRIPTION
The XSelectInput function requests that the X server report the events associated with the specified event mask. Initially, X will not report any of these events. Events are reported relative to a window. If a window is not interested in a device event, it usually propa- gates to the closest ancestor that is interested, unless the do_not_propagate mask prohibits it. Setting the event-mask attribute of a window overrides any previous call for the same window but not for other clients. Multiple clients can select for the same events on the same window with the following restrictions: o Multiple clients can select events on the same window because their event masks are disjoint. When the X server generates an event, it reports it to all interested clients. o Only one client at a time can select CirculateRequest, ConfigureRequest, or MapRequest events, which are associated with the event mask SubstructureRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ResizeRequest event, which is associated with the event mask ResizeRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ButtonPress event, which is associated with the event mask ButtonPressMask. The server reports the event to all interested clients. XSelectInput can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XSelectInput(3)