Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed command to clean xml tag
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed command to clean xml tag Post 302272464 by iamwha1am on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 04:35:10 PM
Old 12-30-2008
Wow. That approach works great. Thanks Chris.
Also, can you help me understand - how could i have changed the original approach to take care of this - 'cos i have a feeling that i was nearly there (or maybe not!!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell command to remove some XML tag is needed

Hi all, I have a file which i have to remove some line from it, the lines that i have to remove from my file is as below: </new_name></w"s" langue="Fr-fr" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <New_name> and it is finding at the middle of my file, is there any command line in linux to do it or do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: id_2pc
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to insert a tag in XML

Hi All, I need a help on inserting a XML tag. Actual input <var> <nam>abcd</nam> <a1>.</a1> </var> if tag <a1>.</a1> is getting missed in XML like below <var> <nam>abcd</nam> </var> i need to insert wherever it is missed after <nam> tag and before </var> tag. Could anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substition within XML tag

Hi all, I basically want to remove certain characters from within a certain XML tag: From: <mytagone>hello 1-2-3 world</mytagone> <mytagtwo>hello 1-2-3 world</mytagtwo> To: <mytagone>hello 1 2 3 world</mytagone> <mytagtwo>hello 1-2-3 world</mytagtwo> Is this possible using sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jedimark
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies
xmerl_xs(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						    xmerl_xs(3erl)

NAME
xmerl_xs - Erlang has similarities to XSLT since both languages have a functional programming approach. DESCRIPTION
Erlang has similarities to XSLT since both languages have a functional programming approach. Using xmerl_xpath it is possible to write XSLT like transforms in Erlang. XSLT stylesheets are often used when transforming XML documents, to other XML documents or (X)HTML for presentation. XSLT contains quite many functions and learning them all may take some effort. This document assumes a basic level of understanding of XSLT. Since XSLT is based on a functional programming approach with pattern matching and recursion it is possible to write similar style sheets in Erlang. At least for basic transforms. This document describes how to use the XPath implementation together with Erlangs pattern match- ing and a couple of functions to write XSLT like transforms. This approach is probably easier for an Erlanger but if you need to use real XSLT stylesheets in order to "comply to the standard" there is an adapter available to the Sablotron XSLT package which is written i C++. See also the Tutorial . EXPORTS
built_in_rules(Fun, E) -> List The default fallback behaviour. Template funs should end with: template(E) -> built_in_rules(fun template/1, E) . select(String::string(), E) -> E Extracts the nodes from the xml tree according to XPath. See also: value_of/1 . value_of(E) -> List Types E = unknown() Concatenates all text nodes within the tree. Example: <xsl:template match="title"> <div align="center"> <h1><xsl:value-of select="." /></h1> </div> </xsl:template> becomes: template(E = #xmlElement{name='title'}) -> ["<div align="center"><h1>", value_of(select(".", E)), "</h1></div>"] xslapply(Fun::Function, EList::list()) -> List Types Function = () -> list() xslapply is a wrapper to make things look similar to xsl:apply-templates. Example, original XSLT: <xsl:template match="doc/title"> <h1> <xsl:apply-templates/> </h1> </xsl:template> becomes in Erlang: template(E = #xmlElement{ parents=[{'doc',_}|_], name='title'}) -> ["<h1>", xslapply(fun template/1, E), "</h1>"]; AUTHORS
<> xmerl 1.2.8 xmerl_xs(3erl)