Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading Of Array Element in Unix Post 302272251 by ravi_rn on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 04:12:57 AM
Old 12-30-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver Reading Of Array Element in Unix

Hi,

I am using the following command to initialize and array

# arr[i]=ffffff00
# echo $arr
ffffff00
my requirement is i want to fetch the one by one character from array.
I don't know how to fetch one by one charcter from array.

Please i need an help.

Thank you very much
Ravi R N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and searching xml element text in script

well i have this xml file here: this file is called filereader.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <file> <file1> <filecopy>thefile.txt</filecopy> <filecopy>thefile2.ppt</filecopy> </file1> </file> hi..i got this problem....hmm how do i write a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and searching xml element text in script

well i have this xml file here: this file is called filereader.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <file> <file1> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile.txt</filecopy> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile2.ppt</filecopy> </file1> </file> i need to write the script that search for the Bold text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl delete an element from array

Probably I am not seeing it or I am not using the "delete" correctly I had the following codes but it does not work for me #!/bin/perl -w ... @sysFile1 = (a_b, a_c, a_d); @sysFile2 = (a_c, a_e, b_f); foreach $line1 (@sysFile1){ trim(\$line1); (my $tmp1, my $tmp2) = split/_/,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP unsetting array element in loop

I have a loop and I need to be able to unset the array element that I am currently accessing in it. I was thinking of making a counter that increments with the loop and doing unset $dirs but if I do that I am not sure if the other members of the array would get shifted down in index (meaning that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msf5042
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If test array element multiplication

Ya, I know, who in this day and age is mirroring rootvg...? But yes, my shop does and I need to script checking for it. I also know I could just inverse the the logic and call the LV mirrored if the LPs and PPs were not equal. But I want to do the math in the if test and also know I could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtsonoma
5 Replies
LOCALE_PARSE(3) 							 1							   LOCALE_PARSE(3)

Locale::parseLocale - Returns a key-value array of locale ID subtag elements.

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic array Locale::parseLocale (string $locale) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array locale_parse (string $locale) Returns a key-value array of locale ID subtag elements. PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to extract the subtag array from. Note: The 'variant' and 'private' subtags can take maximum 15 values whereas 'ext- lang' can take maximum 3 values. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing a list of key-value pairs, where the keys identify the particular locale ID subtags, and the values are the associated subtag values. The array will be ordered as the locale id subtags e.g. in the locale id if variants are '-varX-varY-varZ' then the returned array will have variant0=>varX , variant1=>varY , variant2=>varZ EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_parse(3) example <?php $arr = locale_parse('sl-Latn-IT-nedis'); if ($arr) { foreach ($arr as $key => $value) { echo "$key : $value , "; } } ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $arr = Locale::parseLocale('sl-Latn-IT-nedis'); if ($arr) { foreach ($arr as $key => $value) { echo "$key : $value , "; } } ?> The above example will output: language : sl , script : Latn , region : IT , variant0 : NEDIS , SEE ALSO
locale_compose(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_PARSE(3)