Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stop sendmail srvice
Operating Systems Solaris stop sendmail srvice Post 302271819 by reborg on Sunday 28th of December 2008 10:34:10 AM
Old 12-28-2008
The command from fpmurhy's post should also work on Linux on a Sun web appliance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How do I stop this???

Am having trouble trying to stop the process below ... bash# ps -eaf | grep "tape erase" root 29715 1 0 05:16:22 ttyp1 00:00:00 tape erase /dev/rStp0 root 22464 20933 1 03:40:12 ttyp6 00:00:00 grep tape eraseI've tried ... `kill -9 29715` ... but still no luck. Help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

Problem in Hp Unix 11 telnet srvice !!!!

Hi all, I have problem in my HP Unix 11 server . my problem is : When I try to telnet it, it gives me this error " connection refused by remote host" I asked one of my friends he told me you have to start telnet service and he did that by executing command like this " inited -c " or some thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KSA
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8/9 sendmail stop

Hi All, I need to stop sendmail from running on boot-up. How can I do this on Solaris 8 and 9 sparc? Please help and that you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. Solaris

stop - A

I am using solaris x86 with a pc keyboard. i am trying to get to the ok prompt i have tried ctrl-break but it is not working , alt-break will not as well. pls any thought? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How can I stop this???

I have a user ( and actually me too) getting this messages when the screen is idle, I need help on stopping this messages: 2012 Feb 20 13:30:22 servername Audit: LENGTH: "330" SESSIONID: "339384" ENTRYID: "1" STATEMENT: "1" USERID: "OPS$PT2ADM" USERHOST: "zzzzzzzzzzz" ACTION: "100" RETURNCODE:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, here. We have a CentOS 4.7 box running sendmail 8.13.1. I can't send e-mail out from that box to anywhere not on localhost, as I keep getting the error 'DSN Data Format error', and 'A real domain name is required to send e-mail'. I have edited the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
FEBOOTSTRAP-SUPERMIN-HELPER(8)				      Virtualization Support				    FEBOOTSTRAP-SUPERMIN-HELPER(8)

NAME
febootstrap-supermin-helper - Reconstruct initramfs from supermin appliance. SYNOPSIS
febootstrap-supermin-helper supermin.img hostfiles.txt host_cpu kernel initrd febootstrap-supermin-helper input [...] host_cpu kernel initrd febootstrap-supermin-helper -f ext2 input [...] host_cpu kernel initrd appliance febootstrap-supermin-helper -f checksum input [...] host_cpu DESCRIPTION
febootstrap-supermin-helper reconstructs a bootable kernel and initramfs from a supermin appliance. First you should be familiar with febootstrap(8). PARAMETERS
Of the required parameters, the first few are input files, and the last two or three are output files. "supermin.img" and "hostfiles.txt" are the input files which describe the supermin appliance. (You can also use a directory name here which is searched for files). "host_cpu" should be the host CPU, eg. "x86_64" or "i686". "kernel", "initrd" and "appliance" are the temporary output files that this script produces. These output files are meant to be used just for booting the appliance, and should be deleted straight afterwards. The extra "appliance" parameter is only required when the format is "ext2". None of these parameters are needed for the checksum output "-f checksum". OPTIONS
-f fmt --format fmt Select the output format for the appliance. Possible formats are: cpio A Linux initramfs. This is the default. In this case you have to supply names for the "kernel" and "initrd", where the "initrd" is the appliance. ext2 An ext2 filesystem. In this case you have to supply names for the "kernel", a small "initrd" which is used just to locate the appliance, and the "appliance" (the ext2 filesystem). checksum Output a checksum. This prints a checksum which only changes when one of the input files changes. You can use this in order to cache the output of a previous run of this program: computing the checksum is much quicker than building an appliance, and you only need to invalidate the cache (and consequently rebuild the appliance) when the checksum changes. Note that the host_cpu and the UID of the current user are included in the checksum. -k file --kmods file If this option is specified, then "file" should be a list of wildcards matching kernel module names, eg: virtio*.ko scsi*.ko piix.ko In this case, only kernel modules matching those wildcards will be included in the output appliance. Note: You must resolve any dependencies yourself as this does not pull in dependent modules automatically. If this option is not specified, then every kernel module from the host will be included. This is safer, but can produce rather large appliances which need a lot more memory to boot. -u user --user user -g group --group group Run febootstrap-supermin-helper as an alternate user and/or group. "user" and "group" can be specified as either a name, which will be resolved using the system name service, or a uid/gid. Use of these options requires root privileges. Use of these options is required if running febootstrap-supermin-helper as root with the effective uid/gid set to non-root. Bash will reset the effective uid/gid to the real uid/gid when invoked. As febootstrap-supermin-helper uses bash in parts, this will result in the creation of an appliance with a mixture of ownerships. SPEED
In libguestfs, on a mid-range Intel-based PC, we reconstruct the initramfs using this script in around 1/5th of a second (assuming a "hot cache" - it's rather slower when run the first time on a cold cache). Some tips to improve performance: o Use a kernel module whitelist (the "--kmods" option), and only list the kernel modules you really need. o Minimize the appliance, removing as much extraneous junk as possible. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL If this environment variable is set, then automatic selection of the kernel is bypassed and this kernel is used. The environment variable should point to a kernel file, eg. "/boot/vmlinuz-3.0.x86_64" The corresponding module path is guessed from the kernel name, but you can override that by setting "FEBOOTSTRAP_MODULES". FEBOOTSTRAP_MODULES If "FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL" and "FEBOOTSTRAP_MODULES" are both set, then automatic selection of the kernel is bypassed and the kernel and module path are set to these values. The environment variable should point to a module directory, eg. "/lib/modules/3.0.x86_64/" This has no effect if "FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL" is not set. SEE ALSO
febootstrap(8). AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2009-2011 Red Hat Inc., <http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/febootstrap>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. febootstrap-3.10 2011-09-14 FEBOOTSTRAP-SUPERMIN-HELPER(8)