Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Is it possible to compile 64 bit application on 32 bit machine Post 302271497 by Mandar123 on Friday 26th of December 2008 01:35:50 AM
Old 12-26-2008
Is it possible to compile 64 bit application on 32 bit machine

Hi,
I am using 32 bit machine, and I want to compile 64 bit application on 32-bit machine.
So please tell me is it possible or not?

Regards
Mandar
Mandar123

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

error: compile 64 bit mysql on Solaris 10

I'm trying to build 64 bit mysql-5.0.37 on Solaris 10. CFLAGS="-O3" CXX='gcc -m64 -mcpu=v9' CXXFLAGS="-O3 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure -disable-shared --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/home1/mysql_data --with-mysqld-user=mysql ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
0 Replies

3. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How do I compile a 64-bit program on SPARC??

Hi, wcslen(), strlen() returns size_t. On 64-bit platform i want to use int like str length is 10. int len = wcslen(str); On 64-bit what should I need to do if i wants the length in int. Because getting error as "Conversion of 64 bit type value to "int" causes truncation". if i... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Need help to compile and create python64 bit (2.7.9) on Solaris10

Hi, I am trying to build python(2.7.9) 64 bit from source on solaris10. Using the below to compile ./configure CFLAGS=-m64 LDFLAGS=-m64 But getting errors like below while executing make make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libinstall' OS info: isainfo -v 64-bit amd64... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
9 Replies
atomic_bits(3C) 														   atomic_bits(3C)

NAME
atomic_bits, atomic_set_long_excl, atomic_clear_long_excl - atomic set and clear bit operations SYNOPSIS
#include <atomic.h> int atomic_set_long_excl(volatile ulong_t *target, uint_t bit); int atomic_clear_long_excl(volatile ulong_t *target, uint_t bit); The atomic_set_long_excl() and atomic_clear_long_excl() functions perform an exclusive atomic bit set or clear operation on target. The value of bit specifies the number of the bit to be modified within target. Bits are numbered from zero to one less than the maximum number of bits in a long. If the value of bit falls outside of this range, the result of the operation is undefined. The atomic_set_long_excl() and atomic_clear_long_excl() functions return 0 if bit was successfully set or cleared. They return -1 if bit was already set or cleared. No errors are defined. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ atomic_add(3C), atomic_and(3C), atomic_cas(3C), atomic_dec(3C), atomic_inc(3C), atomic_or(3C), atomic_swap(3C), membar_ops(3C), attributes(5), atomic_ops(9F) 13 May 2005 atomic_bits(3C)