Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn Shell Wrapper script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn Shell Wrapper script Post 302270675 by methyl on Monday 22nd of December 2008 01:38:35 PM
Old 12-22-2008
1) Count how many different parameters you have. It's not clear from your post.
2) Pass them as $1 $2 $3 $4 ... from the wrapper script.

Code:
e.g. Call 
wrapper_script server_name dest_dir source_dir dest_server user_id list1 ....

e.g. Part of wrapper_script

#!/bin/ksh
server_name="$1"
dest_dir="$2"
source_dir="$3"
dest_server="$4"
user_id="$5"
list1="$6"

script1 "${server_name}" "${dest_dir}" "${source_dir}" "${dest_server}"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple su - in Korn Shell script

i am trying to do something like this : #!/bin/ksh # Change to the userid user1 su - user1 #Issue the command to change directory and list files cd /home/user1/ ls -lrt exit #Come out of the user1 to root again #change to user 2 su - user2 cd /home/user2/ ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: furrari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hello., i have 2 files.. 1 file is in this folder /home/test/ssk/DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20050710.20050713211544 (this part) other file is in this folder /home/kk/dev/DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20050710.20050711210100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hi all i am writing the korn shell script. i have a SQL script which gives me the folowing output DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 28991 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 25881 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20051025.20050711210100 25881 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
3 Replies

4. AIX

Help with Korn Shell script

I have this Korn shell script that runs via a cron entry. It runs in a loop "watching" a specific file system for files with a certain name. The file system that it is watching is an upload file system for an FTP server. When files that are the correct name come in, it takes the extension of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heprox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script

I have to solve some exercises in Korn Shell, but i'm having some problems. For example: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Korn Shell Script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. 2. Relevant commands, code,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script comparison

I have a scenario to implement in Korn shell script. Here it is.. I need to compare two values to see whether they are same or not. The issue is that the values coming in for comparison can be a string or an integer which can be determined during run time only. Which korn shell comparison... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vani123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script and Progress Bar or GUI Wrapper

Hi, I have shell script that I am running under Ubuntu as root. Is it possible to hide the command window and show the user some sort of progress /random progress bar / or other form of GUI interaction? On MAC, I have been using Platypus but on Ubuntu I am not sure what to do. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedanwar4u
4 Replies
MasonX::ProcessDir(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   MasonX::ProcessDir(3pm)

NAME
MasonX::ProcessDir - Process a directory of Mason 2 templates VERSION
version 0.02 SYNOPSIS
use MasonX::ProcessDir; # Generate result files in the same directory as the templates # my $pd = MasonX::ProcessDir->new( dir => '/path/to/dir' ); $pd->process_dir(); # Generate result files in a separate directory # my $pd = MasonX::ProcessDir->new( source_dir => '/path/to/source/dir', dest_dir => '/path/to/dest/dir' ); $pd->process_dir(); DESCRIPTION
Recursively processes a directory of Mason 2 templates, generating a set of result files in the same directory or in a parallel directory. Every file with suffix ".mc" will be processed, and the results placed in a file of the same name without the suffix. ".mi", autobase and dhandler files will be used by Mason when processing the templates but will not generate files themselves. For example, if the source directory contains Base.mc httpd.conf.mc proxy.conf.mc etc/crontab.mc blah.mi somefile.txt and we run my $pd = MasonX::ProcessDir->new( source_dir => '/path/to/source/dir', dest_dir => '/path/to/dest/dir' ); $pd->process_dir(); then afterwards the destination directory will contain files httpd.conf proxy.conf etc/crontab somefile.txt where foo and bar are the results of processing foo.mc and bar.mc through Mason. Base.mc and blah.mi may be used during Mason processing but won't generate result files themselves. This class is a convenience extension of Any::Template::ProcessDir. CONSTRUCTOR
Specifying directory/directories o If you want to generate the result files in the same directory as the templates, just specify dir. my $pd = MasonX::ProcessDir->new( dir => '/path/to/dir', ... ); o If you want to generate the result files in a separate directory from the templates, specify source_dir and dest_dir. my $pd = MasonX::ProcessDir->new( source_dir => '/path/to/source/dir', source_dir => '/path/to/dest/dir', ... ); Mason options mason_options An optional hash of options to the Mason interpreter. For example, the default Mason data directory will be ".mason" under the source directory, but you can override this: mason_options => { data_dir => '/path/to/data/dir' } Options inherited from Any::Template::ProcessDir See Any::Template::ProcessDir for other options, such as dir_create_mode file_create_mode readme_filename SUPPORT AND DOCUMENTATION
Bugs and feature requests will be tracked at RT: http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=MasonX-ProcessDir bug-masonx-processdir@rt.cpan.org The latest source code can be browsed and fetched at: http://github.com/jonswar/perl-masonx-processdir git clone git://github.com/jonswar/perl-masonx-processdir.git SEE ALSO
Mason, Any::Template::ProcessDir AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-07 MasonX::ProcessDir(3pm)