Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to match a pattern and print lines Post 302270480 by jatanig on Monday 22nd of December 2008 03:26:46 AM
Old 12-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammu
Hi
I have a file (say 'file1')and I want to search for a first occurence of pattern (say 'ERROR') and print ten lines in the file below pattern. I have to code it in PERL and I am using Solaris 5.9.

I appreciate any help with code

Thanks
Ammu
One more Solution:

open(FH, "<file1");
@a=<FH>;
$b=$#a;
for ($n=0;$n<$b;$n++)
{

if ($a[$n]=~/ERROR/)
{
foreach $_ ( @a[$n..($n+10)])
{
print $_;
}
}
}
close(FH);

Last edited by jatanig; 12-22-2008 at 04:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print chunk of lines only if there is a pattern match in between them

Hi All, Please find the sample file below: NAME ID NUMBER -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- abcdefgheija;lksdf ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: niel.verty
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines with exact pattern match

I have in a file domain.com. 1909 IN A 1.22.33.44 domain.com. 1909 IN A 22.33.44.55 ns1.domain.com. 1699 IN A 33.44.55.66 ns2.domain.com. 1806 IN A 77.77.66.66 I need to "grep" or "awk" out the lines starting with domain.com. as follows. domain.com. 1909 IN A 1.22.33.44 domain.com.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script print the lines between two pattern

i have a file as below sample.pl parameter1 argument1 argument2 parameter2 I want out as below argument1 argument2 that is , i want to print all the lines between parameter1 & parameter 2. i tried with the following if($mystring =~ m/parameter1(.*?)parameter2/) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after pattern match

I am using Solaris, I want to print 3 lines before pattern match pattern 5 lines after pattern match Pattern is abcd to be searched in a.txt. Looking for the solution in sed/awk/perl. Thanks .. Input File a.txt: ================= 1 2 3 abcd 4 5 6 7 8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that do not match the pattern

I need to print the lines that do not match a pattern. I tried using grep -v and sed -n '/pattern/!p', but both of them are not working as I am passing the pattern as variable and it can be null some times. Example ........ abcd...... .........abcd...... .........abcd......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print pattern match line and following lines

Data: Pattern Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data ... With awk, how do I print the pattern matching line, then the subsequent lines following the pattern matching line. Varying number of lines following the pattern matching line. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmesserly
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
INSTR(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS							  INSTR(3)

NAME
instr - find an occurence of a string in a string, starting at a specified character. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" char *instr(s, find, from) char *s, *find, from; PARAMETERS
s Pointer to the string to be searched for the pattern find Pointer to the string to be found, the pattern from Character to be searched backwards before searching for the pattern DESCRIPTION
instr searches the first occurence of the string find in the string s, starting its search at the last occurence of the from character in the string s. If either s or find is NULL, the function returns NULL. If from is (char)0, the pattern is searched from the begining of s. This quite exotic behaviour is useful to search the occurence of a name in a string resulting from a flatten, when only a terminal object name is to be taken into account. RETURN VALUES
instr return NULL either if the pattern find is not present in the searched string s, or if one at least of these two string are NULL. If the pattern is found, a value different from NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" /* check for the pattern 'ck' anywhere in the string */ #define contains_ck(name)instr(name, "ck", ' ') /* check for the pattern 'ck' in the signal name, not instance ones */ #define isclock(ptsig) instr(getsigname(ptsig), "ck", SEPAR) SEE ALSO
mbk(1), isvdd(3), isvss(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INSTR(3)