Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Inserting a line before the line which matches the patter Post 302269560 by laxmi131 on Thursday 18th of December 2008 03:59:03 AM
Old 12-18-2008
Inserting a line before the line which matches the patter

Hi

Is there any command where we can insert a line "2|||" before every line starting with "3|"

my input is as follows

1|ETG|12345
3|79.58|||GBP||
1|ETG|12345
3|79.58|||GBP||
1|ETG|12345
2|EN_GB||Electrogalvanize 0.5 m2 ( Renault )
1|ETG|12345
3|88.51|||GBP||

desired output is
1|ETG|12345
2|||
3|79.58|||GBP||
1|ETG|12345
2|||
3|79.58|||GBP||
1|ETG|12345
2|EN_GB||Electrogalvanize 0.5 m2 ( Renault )
1|ETG|12345
2|||
3|88.51|||GBP||

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the line only if next line matches

Hi I have an Input of following sort AAAA: ProgName="PROGRAM" BBBB: ProgName="BBBBBB" CCCC: DDDD: ProgName="PROGRAM" SSSS: ProgName="PROGRAM" ZZZZ: ProgName="PROGRAM" I want to find the Lines which are followed by ProgName="PROGRAM" Out Put AAAA: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Grep to delete line containing patter plus extra line

I'm new to using sed and grep commands, but have found them extremely useful. However I am having a hard time figuring this one out: Delete every line containing the word CEN and the next line as well. ie. test.txt blue 324 CEN green red blue 324 CEN green red blue to produce:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocketman88
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a line in a file after every alternate line

Friends , I have a large file and i need to insert a line after every line.I am actually unaware how to do it.Any help appreciated. My File control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI01 interval 1 intcount 1 control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI02 interval 1 intcount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute a line that matches an expression with another line

I need some help. I have a file (all.txt) whereby I want to substitute using sed/awk all lines that matches an expression with another line with different expression i.e subtitute expression, database_id: filename; WITH database_id: PY; There are many occurrences of the expression... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimsoft
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print line that matches and next line, too

I'm using sh on hp-ux and want to find / print a line that matches 132.101- and the next line, too. grep -A isn't supported on hp-ux, so I'm trying awk and sed. The code below works but only prints the first occurence. I need all matches from the file. awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting a specific line and inserting a new line after commented line.

Hello All, I have following file contents cat file #line=aaaaaa #line=bbbbbb #line=cccccc #line=dddddd line=eeeeee #comment=11111 #comment=22222 #comment=33333 #comment=44444 comment=55555 Testing script Good Luck! I would like to comment line line=eeeeee and insert a new line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using regex's from file1, print line and line after matches in file2

Good day, I have a list of regular expressions in file1. For each match in file2, print the containing line and the line after. file1: file2: Output: I can match a regex and print the line and line after awk '{lines = $0} /Macrosiphum_rosae/ {print lines ; print lines } ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print the line that matches and the next if line is wrapped

I have a file and when I match the word "initiators" in the first column I need to be able to print the rest of the columns in that row. This is fine for the most part but on occasion the "initiators" line gets wrapped to the next line. Here is a sample of the file. caw-enabled ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
3 Replies

9. Linux

Print line 1 if line 3 matches of the output

Hi I want to extend following command so that on the basis of "Branch: ****" on the third line I can grep and print name of the file on the first line. cat .labellog.emd | grep DA2458A7962276A7E040E50A0DC06459 | cut -d " " -f2 | grep -v branch_name | xargs -I file <command to describe> file ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for appending a line before a pattern and after another patter.

Hi All, I'm appending a line before a pattern and after another pattern(;) but omitting the first pattern - same as if comes duplicates before the second pattern. Also, I'm adding a word before the first pattern - Here is my file select blah blah hello select blah blah ; select... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
6 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)