Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Single sql query to spool to multiple files Post 302268722 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 07:24:26 AM
Old 12-16-2008
You will have to write a PL/SQL code block that fetches rows, opening a new file and closing the old file every 1000 rows. Use the UTL_FILE file package.

A much simpler way to do this is to call the unix split command
Code:
spool somefile.dat
...... sql here
spool off
HOST split -l 1000 somefile.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To spool output from a database query

Hi all, I would want to spool file for a database query, however by using crontab, the file is not spooled. Below shows my script: ORACLE_HOME="/u01/oraprod/perpdb/10.1.0/db_1" OUTFILE="/tmp/invalid.out" FILE="$HOME/admin/scripts" $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s "/as sysdba"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Multiple .SQL Files from Single Shell Script file

Hi, Please help me out. I have around 700 sql files to execute in a defined order, how can i do it from shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a single sql file into multiple files

Hi,I have a single sql file containing many create table ddl's.Example: CREATE TABLE sec_afs ( rpt_per_typ_c char(1) NOT NULL, rpt_per_typ_t varchar(20) NULL, LOCK ALLPAGES go EXEC sp_primarykey 'sec_afs', rpt_per_typ_c go GRANT SELECT ON sec_afs TO developer_read_only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarter_aries
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/SQL loop to spool files!!

I want to spool files from unix using a sql script that would take values from another sql query within the KSH script.. unix loop select order_date from date_tbl for each order_Date i need to call this spool script with the value sqlplus scott/tiger@order_db @/ordspool/order_date.sql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*PLUS Spool Output

Hi, Im writing a script to run a bit of sql(via sqlplus) that pulls back some data and spools it to a file, I want the spool file to only display the data, with no sql command at the top and no reports at the bottom ie(# of records recieved). I am currently doing it via a grep command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magezy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To pass multiple arguments from file in to an sql query

Hi all , I want to pass contents from a file say f1 as arguments to a sql query which has In statement using a script example select * from table_1 where login in ( `cat f1`) ; will this work or is there any other way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zozoo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies
uuaids(8c)																uuaids(8c)

Name
       uucompact, uumkspool, uurespool, uupoll - uucp utilities

Syntax
       uucompact -ssystem
       uumkspool system ...
       uurespool [ -t# ]
       uupoll system ...

Description
       All of the commands are located in

The  command  compacts  uucp  system spool directories and associated subdirectories. If system is ALL, then all existing uucp system spool
       directories are compacted.  Otherwise, only the specified system spool directory is compacted.  If no system is	specified,  is	compacted.
       If  is stopped before it is finished, it can be restarted without reprocessing directories.  The command continues processing where it left
       off during it's previous instantiation.

The command makes a per system spool directory and associated subdirectories for each of the specified systems.	For example, if system	is
       mk3 and if the local system name is penny, the following directories are created:
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/C.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/X.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
       The  command  moves files from old spool directories to	new spool directories.	Because the structure of the spool directories has changed
       from older versions of it is necessary to respool old spooled files to new spool directories in at least two instances:

o    When installing the current version of

o    When creating a new system spool directory for each system.

In the latter case, it is necessary to move files from to the new spool directories.  To ease this task, moves files that have been spooled
       in  one	of 4 formats and respools them under the new spooling structure.  The format is specified by the -t# option, where the number sign
       (#) can be any one of the following:

o   Original spool - All files are in

o   Split spool - Contains the subdirectories

o   Modified split spool -  Contains all subdirectories listed in split spool, and

o   Used when a new system directory has been created and spool files must be moved from the DEFAULT directory to the new system directory.

The command forces a connect attempt to the named systems even if recent attempts have failed, but not if the file prohibits the call.  For
       example, the file will prohibit the call if it is the wrong time of day.  Thus, the should be monitored for messages about the connection.

Files
       Spool directory

Logfile

See Also
       mail(1), uucp(1c), uux(1c)

uuaids(8c)