Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to identifying the network card ? Post 302268307 by kumarmani on Monday 15th of December 2008 10:51:11 AM
Old 12-15-2008
Thanks incredible!

# prtconf |grep -i net
network, instance #0
network, instance #1
network, instance #2
network, instance #3

Is only listing the number of network instance ia m looking for some thing like bge, hme .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network card problem

hi, everyone: alpha 600 au true64 Unix 4.0f my network cart is set "Auto-Negotiate".After operate system startup,the network will be disconnected by itself at sometime. I found some prompt in /usr/adm/messages. "tu0 :transmit FIFO underflow:threshold raised to :256 byteŁ¬link up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q30
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a network card

Hey guys, Sorry, this question might look stupid but I have no idea how to install a network card. My server is a Dell PowerEdge T105 with Debian 5.0 Lenny. My network card is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express. I've plugged the card innside my server and I can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Identifying Network Ports

OK, so I have a real dumb question, but I am desperate for an answer. If my Sun machine shows the following out put. root@xxxx:/# egrep network /etc/path_to_inst "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@c,1" 0 "eri" "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@5,1" 1 "eri" Does that indicate that there is one eri... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies
OPENSC-TOOL(1)							   OpenSC Tools 						    OPENSC-TOOL(1)

NAME
opensc-tool - generic smart card utility SYNOPSIS
opensc-tool [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The opensc-tool utility can be used from the command line to perform miscellaneous smart card operations such as getting the card ATR or sending arbitrary APDU commands to a card. OPTIONS
--atr, -a Print the Answer To Reset (ATR) of the card. Output is in hex byte format --card-driver driver, -c driver Use the given card driver. The default is auto-detected. --info, -i Print information about OpenSC, such as version and enabled components. --list-drivers, -D List all installed card drivers. --list-files, -f Recursively list all files stored on card. --list-readers, -l List all configured readers. --name, -n Print the name of the inserted card (driver). --reader num, -r num Use the given reader number. The default is 0, the first reader in the system. --send-apdu apdu, -s apdu Sends an arbitrary APDU to the card in the format AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.... --serial Print the card serial number (normally the ICCSN). Output is in hex byte format --verbose, -v Causes opensc-tool to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the opensc library. --wait, -w Wait for a card to be inserted. SEE ALSO
opensc-explorer(1) opensc 06/17/2014 OPENSC-TOOL(1)