Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Windows emulator on Solaris machine Post 302268222 by SPORTS on Monday 15th of December 2008 08:04:08 AM
Old 12-15-2008
Java Windows emulator on Solaris machine

Hello together,

in our German company we have buyed one English Windows XP version. Every one of us should have access to this windows installation. So we have reconsidered that we want to install this Windows on our SUN SPARC Solaris machine. It is only used for checking out licenses of our own tools and it has a lot of not used resources.
My idear was to install qemu on it. But I failed during istalling the SDL libraries on Solaris.
Do you have an idear how to install qemu? Or do you have a better emulator?

With thanks for your efforts and best regards,

SPORTS

Last edited by SPORTS; 12-15-2008 at 09:57 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix emulator for windows 98

as part of my course i have to do a lot of programming using the universities unix server. i am able to access this from home using telnet but i cannot use axe or anything to edit my files. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that could enable me yo do this as i like working at 2am when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HALLY
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Windows Emulator?

I have heard of something called a windows emulator that allows you to run windows programs in linux, does this realy work? can I run any windows program (like a computer game)? and where can I get it :p (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone recommend a freeware X-windows emulator?

Are there any freeware or shareware X-windows emulators out there? I only have the need for an emulator on rare occasions and would like to avoid having to purchase something like Exceed or x32. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Best possible communication mechanism between a Solaris machine and a windows machine

hi, I have some windows client machines which require a signal to be sent by a Solaris machine( SunOS 5.6) when ever a particular event occurs on that Solaris machine. What are possible communication mechanisms by which i can do this. the constraints are > the windows machines have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
7 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP?

Not quite sure if this is the right section, but you guys know lots of good stuff. Is there a good OS X emulator that I can put on my Windows XP system? I have PC's and at work/lab they run everything on mac's. Due to program compatibility issues, it would be nice if I could run mac software on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
2 Replies

6. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Having solaris installed over VM ware machine in windows

I have installed solaris 10 over VM ware in windows machine. now i want to share the files from windows to solaris. how can i do so.. and pls tell if through putty i can access the solaris from windows machine without logging onto VMware. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)