Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: alphanumeric Sorting
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users alphanumeric Sorting Post 302268145 by laxmi131 on Monday 15th of December 2008 05:52:30 AM
Old 12-15-2008
Hi radoulov,

Thanks for the reply,but i am not able to understand what the script is doing can you please expalin me .I am sorry i am new to unix hence unable to understand the above command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort command - alphanumeric

I have a file I'm trying to sort such as fred1 fred2 fred10 fred11 ... when I sort I get fred1 fred10 fred11 fred2 ... using sort can any give me the syntax to sort this is dict order e.g., (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

alphanumeric comparision

I have a requirement where I need to check if where r1v07l09ab is a software release. I should always check for this to be true to continue the release deployment because an older release should not be deployed by mistake. I mean only the release greater than the current release should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting with non- and alphanumeric characters

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm not a UNIX expert. I can't figure out this certain problem i'm having: I need to sort some words, some of the words are annotations (enclosed within < and >). I need to have them sorted alphabetically with all non-alphanumeric characters up front. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.m.ang
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of non-alphanumeric characters

Hi! Could anyone so kindly help me a code to eliminate from a txt file, obtained by collecting and merge several web-page, every word (string) containing non alphabetical, numeric and punctuation character (i.e NON a-zA-Z0-9, underscore and punctuation mark)? Thanks a lot for the help to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to find alphanumeric character

Hi All, I am having a data file which consists of lakhs of records in the below foramt: "1223323","4341341","discription aadfad" "3123123","5463456","discription aadfad" "2343324","6565767","discription asdfads" "A3423423","7957456","discription aadfad" "343453B","7957456","discription... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alphanumeric to integer

Hi folks, I have a value like A12,i could able to change this into integer using typeset as below typeset -i A12 But, I need your advice to change the values like 1A2 or 12A into integer. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Sathish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsathishmca
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing alphanumeric variables

Hi All, I have files with a column which has values and ranges, for example colA colB ERD1 3456 ERD2 ERD3 4456 I want to have the following output colA colB colC ERD1 3456 3456 ERD2 526887 526890 ERD3 4456 4456 Being a newbie to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting of alphanumeric filenames..

Hi All, I want sort following files in ascending order. exp_installer_CC4160-file10.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file11.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file12.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file13.dmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gramakrishna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting alphanumeric strings without a pattern

Good evening to all!! I'm facing this problem: I saved in a txt a list of files name (one txt for every folder): hello0.jpg hello1.jpg hello10.jpg hello11.jpg hello12.jpg hello13.jpg hello14.jpg hello15.jpg hello16.jpg hello17.jpg hello18.jpg hello19.jpg hello2.jpg hello20.jpg... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: silver18
32 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with alphanumeric Sort

I have a lot of data that need to be sorted alphanumerically. I began using sort -du and it solved almost all my problems. However, when I encountered files with data like this it began to fail: /vol/close_eng_ice_0888 /vol/open_eng_ice_0890 /vol/open_eng_ice_08923 /vol/open_eng_ice_0893... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)