Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting No output to CL when typing in CL. Post 302266491 by komputersman on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 10:17:35 AM
Old 12-10-2008
No output to CL when typing in CL.

Hello all,
I am in a terminal on Solaris and something weird is happening...

When I am typing I can't see what I am typing, although what I am typing is working. As is if I type the command and hit enter, the command runs.

Anyone have a clue why or how I can make it display my typing?

Is this a profile or shell issue?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

hide password typing

I am doing a project in C program which requires to type in password in Unix terminal. Does anybody know how to shade or not output any words typed by user in the terminal? I use the function scan() to read typing from user. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancheung
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tab instead of typing in ksh

Does anyone know how to set up ksh, so I can use tab instead of typing every letter out for the commands? Also, how do I set it up, so I can type exit once to exit the shell instead of multiple times. Does anyone know a good reference link for ksh commands? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jane@ist
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stuck after typing goto

uname -a returns: SMP Tue May 17 17:52:23 EDT 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux I have many aliases beginning with "goto" so... if I type goto and then hit return (oops) A goto prompt pops up and I cant exit from it(I tried MANY key seqs) The only way to exit is to kill the term window... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rairey
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Learn typing in Chinese

I have a burning desire to learn how to type in chinese (and after, probably with success, in another languages). How to do this, all symbols are needed, and methods of input also. And a map of chinese keyboar layout will be helpful. I want very much study program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typing in Japanese language

Hi. I am running Solaris 10,HPUX 11.31 and AIX 6.1. I am trying to get my system to write in Japanese. I can choose the Japanese language for the system to display, but I cannot figure out how to write in Japanese. I have set up my system, and Mozilla (including the menu and web pages) to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No $ when typing cw

Hi As a dummy my question is very simple. When typing cw I've read (many times) that a '$' should appear at the end of the word I'm about to change. However, it doesn't, and in my case the word is instantly deleted and so ready to be changed! Can somebody tell me why this is, or maybe I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joesh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zero typing problem!

H, I I have this below script for removing the full path from a string which is indeed a filepath location if windows. It converts input \abc\asssh\abc To abc But if filename has 0 like: \abc\abc\00000Hgg Then its typing abc00000Hgg PLEASE note that its solaris. Script is: more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

@ typing creates new line

Dear Concern, Please go through the article https://www.unix.com/hp-ux/134072-typing-sign-creates-new-line.html As per the article, we need to initiate below commands. But after creating new session, we face same problem. Please advise. stty intr "^c" stty kill "^u" Please find below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
6 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timeing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), replay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux