Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free Post 302264943 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 07:31:43 AM
Old 12-05-2008
I think the code looks okay (but I'm not a C++ expert). It could be that x and y no longer hold the original reference to your allocated arrays. In that case, the pointers might point somewhere they did not originally. Try this: after instantiating the m_Genes object, create a "shallow copy" of it, then before you distruct, compare the shallow copy with the m_Genes copy. If there's a difference in pointer values, that might be your problem.

Another possibility just occurred to me: It could be that you made a shallow copy of m_Genes and deleted the shallow copy as if it were a deep copy. That is, you already freed the pointers in m_Genes->x and ->y.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 ***

when i try to use the class i wrote, i either get this: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** and the proccess exits with an error code of 0; or it segfaults. could someone look at my header file (with imp.) to give me some insight as to why its not working? ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
19 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ struct pointers & functions

Hi All, My latest assignment (practice not coursework!) is to write prototype interactive exam/test console application. I've used structs to store the question information (not sure if this was the best way to do it?) and I have the following code that outputs each question and it's possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Passing pointers to struct

Hi, i'm trying to copy a struct into a binary file using the unix instruction write, so i declare and fill the struct "superbloque" in one function "initSB" and then i pass the pointer to another function called bwrite (for block write) which calls write. The problem is that i call the function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius3
2 Replies

5. Programming

Using pointers to struct members as args to functions

In a well-known book on the C language, there is an example of an efficient method for using a struct member as an argument to a function. (I'm a C noob, but I believe the correct terminology might be: use call-by-reference instead of call-by-value.) The function is printf. Anyway, here's a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
5 Replies

6. Programming

Pointer to pointers

Hi guys, I'm trying to understand pointers in C and made a simple example and I've problems with It. Can someone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> int f1(char **str_); int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *str = NULL; f1(&str); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

7. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption

I am facing a problem of memory corruption. The loop runs for the first time but does not go through the second time. What could be the problem? for(int z=0;z<2;z++) { fp=fopen("poly.dat","r"); /*do something which reads this file into a 2D array*/ fclose(fp); ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dare
10 Replies

9. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
NEXTAFTER(3)							libc math functions						      NEXTAFTER(3)

NAME
nextafter, nexttoward - floating point number manipulation SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double nextafter(double x, double y); float nextafterf(float x, float y); long double nextafterl(long double x, long double y); double nexttoward(double x, long double y); float nexttowardf(float x, long double y); long double nexttowardl(long double x, long double y); DESCRIPTION
The nextafter() functions return the next representable neighbor of x in the direction towards y. The size of the step between x and the result depends on the type of the result. If x = y the function simply returns y. If either value is NaN, then NaN is returned. Other- wise a value corresponding to the value of the least significant bit in the mantissa is added or subtracted, depending on the direction. The nexttoward() functions do the same as the nextafter() functions, except that they have a long double second argument. These functions will signal overflow or underflow if the result goes outside of the range of normalized numbers. CONFORMING TO
C99. This function is defined in IEC 559 (and the appendix with recommended functions in IEEE 754/IEEE 854). SEE ALSO
nearbyint(3) GNU
2002-08-10 NEXTAFTER(3)