Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with Upgrading firmware on X4500 Post 302264705 by bharu_sri on Thursday 4th of December 2008 03:47:26 PM
Old 12-04-2008
Problem with Upgrading firmware on X4500

I have X4500 running solaris 10 with 5.10 version. The ILOM version is 1.1.1 and I want to upgrade the firmware. I setup the TFTP server on my machine using the following link.

A P P E N D I X C - Updating the Firmware

I could install the tftp server and could transfer a file as well. When I use tftp localhost and use get command it works fine. But when I login to my ILOM port and give the IP address of my X4500 machine it say's connection timed out and firmware upgrade failed.

I use load -source tftp://134.197.38.228/ilom.X4500-1.1.8.ima.

Someone please help me with this. I have a problem using Web GUI and I have got only this option to upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do i update firmware on X4500??

I have solaris X4500 with ILOM version 1.1.1. I want to update the firmware. I know that we need to use load -source tftp://tftpserver/image file But I do not understand what is the IP address of the tftp server that we need to type in there. Kindly, help me with this. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while upgrading firmware on X4500.

I get an error message when I try to upgrade the firmware. The error message is displayed below. Image has no uboot. DO NOT RESET OR YOU WILL BRICK THE ILOM. Please retry with the correct image I do not understand anything about this message. May I know what does it mean ? How can I get rid... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Error updating Firmware in X4500

I have X4500 machine with solaris 10 OS and software version 5.10. The firmware version is 1.1.1 and I am planning to upgrade the firmware. C H A P T E R 1 - Flash Upgrading Your Server to Software Release 1.2 I referred to the above link to do so. But, I do not understand what is the... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

4. Solaris

start /SP/console hangs in X4500

when I type start /SP/console... the console shows up but i cannot type anything over there. I do not understand what might be the reason for that. -> start /SP/console Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y Serial console started. To stop, type ESC ( I pressed enter many... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Partitioning X4500 running Solaris 10 OS

Hi guys I have a Sun Fire X4500 running Solaris 10 OS. It has 48 TB Hard Disk. I need to format it and make 3 partitions. Could someone give me a link or help me with this. Thank you (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Executing Firmware Command using Shell Script

Guys, I have a script that should change one of the configuration Parameter in a http accelerator, this config change which will halt http traffic into device. So I have designed a script which should do these changes. But after executing this script, found that one of the input variable is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Facing problem after upgrading the kernal patch level to 142900-12

I have a Solaris 10 OS having kernal patch level 138888-03 on several servers but recenlty I upgraded it into 142900-12 on some T-Series servers & v890 server after install them my syslog is increasing at a rate of 1GB on average on all servers . I believe its a bug, can somebody help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Encountering problem on upgrading the packages

Hi folks, Ubuntu 9.04 I have an old box not running for years. I just dig it out from the store room. On running; $ sudo aptitude update ...... ...... Err http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main Packages 404 Not Found Err http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/restricted Packages ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem after updating the firmware!

Hello AIX experts, I have 7038-6M2 server, its operating system is AIX 5.2, and its firmware is 3K041021 After some searching on net, I tried to update its firmware level to 3K080425, so I downloaded the required rpm, and followed the steps. After rebooting the server, it stopped and an error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
6 Replies

10. AIX

Problem Upgrading OS

Hi I've just upgraded OS - using "Migration with nimadm". The Nim master is a Power 6 server, and the source is 6100-09-04-1441. The migration was successful with a Power 6 - Nim client, but there was a problem with Power 5 - Nim client : the OS remained 6100-00-09-0920 icapp1:/]oslevel -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)