Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to manipulate logfile text Post 302263812 by rosspaddock on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 02:20:38 PM
Old 12-02-2008
Could you possibly run me through what each line of the code is doing so i can alter it if need be regards ross

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to manipulate text in files

Hi, I have a slight problem in trying to manipulate the text within a file using the "sed" command in that the text i need changed has "/" slashes in. I have a .sh script that scans the "/db/sybbackup/" directories for any .dmp file older than 2 days and then to >> the information to a file called... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson333
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate text for openldap import/export question.

Hey guys.. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this - but here goes. I need to manipulate an openldap export to match a different schema so that I can import into that system. Basically - its just text manipulation. I have gotten alot of it done just by using simple sed, but I am sorta... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2ambler
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on how to manipulate a SIMPLE text file (using awk?)

I have a simple txt files that looks something like this (The title is a part of the text file) Student Grades --------------- 1 Tim Purser 89 2 John Wayne 56 3 Jenn Hawkins 95 4 Harry Potter 75 Here are my questions: How would I ONLY print the names of students... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjagod123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to manipulate data using script

Hi i want to manipulate my data to convert row to column name 600 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 name 700 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nith_anandan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate the text file in UNIX

Hi All, I have a file like below and i have 2 questions on this (They are 3 lines starts with 01 , 02 and 03. but is 01abc333644554 234 2334535 34534535355353 sfsdf345455 353 4543 jgkg tty 7676 02cdesdfsdfsdf 234 wesdfsdf 345345 234234 234234 2342342 dfgdfg sdfgg dgdgdg fgvfs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.pitchai
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I remove partial duplicates and manipulate text?

Hello, How can I remove partial duplicates and manipulate text in bash using either awk, grep or sed? Thanks. Input: ted,"foo,bar,zoo" john-son,"foot,ben,zoo" bob,"bar,foot" Expected Output: foo,ted bar,ted zoo,ted foot,john-son ben,john-son (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A better way to manipulate text

Good morning everyone, I'm currently trying to convert an environment variable into a string and then attach it at the end of a command and launch it. I have the following right now, but it's very ugly: AMI_TAGS="env=test,country=XX,city=blah,galaxy=blahblah" aws ec2 create-tags... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manipulate a text file and store each version for every changes in a directory?

I attached both picturehttps://1drv.ms/t/s!Aoomvi55MLAQh1jODfUxa-xurns_ and *.txt file of a sample work file. In this file Reactions which only start with "r1f", "r2f", "r3f"......and so on. And for each reaction the reaction rates is situated couple of lines later with a "+" sign. For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
CLEARSTATCACHE(3)							 1							 CLEARSTATCACHE(3)

clearstatcache - Clears file status cache

SYNOPSIS
void clearstatcache ([bool $clear_realpath_cache = false], [string $filename]) DESCRIPTION
When you use stat(3), lstat(3), or any of the other functions listed in the affected functions list (below), PHP caches the information those functions return in order to provide faster performance. However, in certain cases, you may want to clear the cached information. For instance, if the same file is being checked multiple times within a single script, and that file is in danger of being removed or changed during that script's operation, you may elect to clear the status cache. In these cases, you can use the clearstatcache(3) function to clear the information that PHP caches about a file. You should also note that PHP doesn't cache information about non-existent files. So, if you call file_exists(3) on a file that doesn't exist, it will return FALSE until you create the file. If you create the file, it will return TRUE even if you then delete the file. How- ever unlink(3) clears the cache automatically. Note This function caches information about specific filenames, so you only need to call clearstatcache(3) if you are performing multi- ple operations on the same filename and require the information about that particular file to not be cached. Affected functions include stat(3), lstat(3), file_exists(3), is_writable(3), is_readable(3), is_executable(3), is_file(3), is_dir(3), is_link(3), filectime(3), fileatime(3), filemtime(3), fileinode(3), filegroup(3), fileowner(3), filesize(3), filetype(3), and fileperms(3). PARAMETERS
o $clear_realpath_cache - Whether to clear the realpath cache or not. o $filename - Clear the realpath and the stat cache for a specific filename only; only used if $clear_realpath_cache is TRUE. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added optional $clear_realpath_cache and $file- | | | name parameters. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 clearstatcache(3) example <?php $file = 'output_log.txt'; function get_owner($file) { $stat = stat($file); $user = posix_getpwuid($stat['uid']); return $user['name']; } $format = "UID @ %s: %s "; printf($format, date('r'), get_owner($file)); chown($file, 'ross'); printf($format, date('r'), get_owner($file)); clearstatcache(); printf($format, date('r'), get_owner($file)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: UID @ Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:48:28 +0100: root UID @ Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:48:28 +0100: root UID @ Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:48:28 +0100: ross PHP Documentation Group CLEARSTATCACHE(3)