Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to change the font size of shell in $ prompt Post 302263224 by tsjpraveen on Monday 1st of December 2008 05:24:03 AM
Old 12-01-2008
Thanks Bakunin...
I have vt100..
Im using Secure CRT emulator...

Found out how to do.. There a button called "SESSION OPTIONS" and in that "APPEARANCE TAB" we can change the Font type and Font size..

Thanks for your reply.. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change shell and prompt

I want to write a shell script which will change the current shell (say from csh to bsh) and my Prompt (say my name) as desired.pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SHYAM
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the font size in bash

Hi, I would like to change the font size in bash. I know how do it in ksh: F_VDOBLE="\033#6" print "${F_VDOBLE}Esto es..." But in bash I don't know Could you help me please? Many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the font of text in output file in shell scipt

hi, I want to change the font of text in output file. :( I tried the below code code: if awk 'BEGIN{if('$RSS'>='1000')exit 0;exit 1}' then RED=`echo "\033 i can see colors in terminal but not in output file :wall: please help me how i can get colors text in output file. edit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreelu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause shell script till folder doesn't change size anymore

Hi, I recently would like to write a shell script that 1. Runs in the background (can be done with "&", but i'd be happy for other solutions to keep programs running) 2. Does its stuff 3 THEN checks a specified folder for a size change over time (say, each 5 seconds. AND ONLY continues with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size in shell!

hi all,, is it possible to change the font size of the first line of text? i search it to internet but i have no luk. Ex. Line 1: HI Line 2: back to normal font size. THanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

How to change ffmpeg default font size?

Hello, I have a problem with Greek subtitle font size when I map a subtitle file into a video in ffmpeg. I ran below code: ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -i video_sub.srt -c:v copy -c:a copy \ -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4 When I play it in VLC,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)