Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subroutine Hung
Top Forums Programming Subroutine Hung Post 302263153 by Perderabo on Monday 1st of December 2008 01:12:58 AM
Old 12-01-2008
I have never seen a message like that. Can you give us the exact text of the message? Also post the results of "uname -a" so we know what version of unix you use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in subroutine calling

Hi, we can call the subroutines using two ways .... 1) calling subroutine name preceeded by & symbol. 2)Another one is without &symbol.... what is the diff b/w these two.... ############################ #usr/bin/perl fun; sub fun { print "hi this is from perl\n"; }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

3. AIX

Using the passwdpolicy() subroutine.

Okay, so in AIX, there are various subroutines that is built in to the OS. The subroutine is I want to use is passwdpolicy(). So I want to construct a C program that will be able to pass credentials into the program and thusly into the subroutine. I'm not asking for homework, or for someone to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a perl subroutine regex

Hi, I can't get this script ot work and I wa wondering if anyone could help? I need to open a file and use a subroutine to search each line for a regular expression. If it matches then I need to return a match from the subroutine and print the result? Any help would be greatly... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a subroutine with arguments

Hello, I am having problem calling a subroutine with arguments, can any help? is the approach I am using correct? main() { # This is just a subset of the code #$b & $lnum is already define in this section of the code checkboard $b $lnum } checkboards() { ln=$lnum... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts not updating from subroutine.

So, I'm running a script with a couple of subroutines, one of which takes arguments using getopts. The first time i call the subroutine everything works as expected, the second time I call it none of the arguments change. Here's a small section of code that shows this behavior. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhibbit
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Subroutine

Okay I have a 1TB drive that is almost completely full with vids. I am in the process of converting them to mp4. I have two scripts right now. One is a shell script to convert them with Handbrake. The other is a script to get a sort of progress report. To make things easier to understand, I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalton63841
0 Replies

9. Programming

perl: Subroutine question

Hi everyone, I have given up finally trying to find a way to do this. I have a subroutine called LoginFirst where I am starting a new SSH session. I have bunch of subroutines, each one of them uses a (or I have to create a new SSH constructor everytime) ssh connection to get some value so ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_code
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subroutine or Function Summary

I have a fortran file with code declarations such as Subroutine str_tnum_tu & ( & s, dl, tu, pos & ) ! Class (*), Intent (InOut) :: tu(:) Character (Len=*), Intent (In) :: s, dl Character (Len=*), Intent (In), Optional :: pos ... or ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies
BOOTLOGD(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       BOOTLOGD(8)

NAME
bootlogd - record boot messages SYNOPSIS
/sbin/bootlogd [-c] [-d] [-r] [-s] [-v] [ -l logfile ] [ -p pidfile ] DESCRIPTION
Bootlogd runs in the background and copies all strings sent to the /dev/console device to a logfile. If the logfile is not accessible, the messages will be kept in memory until it is. OPTIONS
-d Do not fork and run in the background. -c Attempt to write to the logfile even if it does not yet exist. Without this option, bootlogd will wait for the logfile to appear before attempting to write to it. This behavior prevents bootlogd from creating logfiles under mount points. -r If there is an existing logfile called logfile rename it to logfile~ unless logfile~ already exists. -s Ensure that the data is written to the file after each line by calling fdatasync(3). This will slow down a fsck(8) process running in parallel. -v Show version. -l logfile Log to this logfile. The default is /var/log/boot. -p pidfile Put process-id in this file. The default is no pidfile. BUGS
Bootlogd works by redirecting the console output from the console device. (Consequently bootlogd requires PTY support in the kernel con- figuration.) It copies that output to the real console device and to a log file. There is no standard way of ascertaining the real con- sole device if you have a new-style /dev/console device (major 5, minor 1) so bootlogd parses the kernel command line looking for con- sole=... lines and deduces the real console device from that. If that syntax is ever changed by the kernel, or a console type is used that bootlogd does not know about then bootlogd will not work. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
dmesg(8),fdatasync(3). Jul 21, 2003 BOOTLOGD(8)