Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to determine how much space is available on client machine Post 302263059 by Reboot on Sunday 30th of November 2008 02:34:38 PM
Old 11-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by decamposem
Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a command to show the percentage how much each directory uses in space ?.
You can use:

df -k or df -kh as applicable.....
This will show you the percentage utilisation of mountpoints(Directories) of only mounted file systems....

According to me there is no command to get percentage utilisation
of directories, recursivelly through a filesystem.But you can know it's
utilisation in KB or B or GB.
For that you can use:
du -sh <dir. name>

Last edited by Reboot; 11-30-2008 at 03:47 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows machine with NFS-Client

Hi all expert, can anybody know how to export windows user home directory on NFS server so user can access there files from windows as well as Linux. In short configure windows machine with an NFS client is there any third party software & how 2 configure it . Any idea. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to shutdown client machine from the server

I have a unix server through which some ten client machines are connected. I want to shutdown/restart all the machine from the server through the shell script during the particular time of the day. I welcome your suggestions. Thanks in advance. With regards Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get the IP address / Host name of client machine

Hi How to get the IP address / Host name of a particular user connected to Unix Server. For example: If used 'DevUser1' is connected to Unix server. I need to find out from which PC this connection has been made. How can this be achieved? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVL
6 Replies

5. AIX

Determine space on a disk

Hello, I am trying to understand how to calculate actual disk space on a logical volume. Based on the output below, how would I convert the total and free PPs to MB and GB? Thank you. # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

6. AIX

Determine disk space in AIX

Hi I need to extend a FS in AIX but Im not sure on how to calculate the free space Please advise if my math is correct: -------PP SIZE: 64 megabyte(s) --------TOTAL PPs: 1086 (69504 megabytes) so the total size of volume is 64 * 1086 = 69504 MB (695GB) Free PP is-- FREE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Determine free space in a Disk device

Version: Solaris 10 (August 2011) on VM I am kind of new to Solaris.From VM workstation i allocated 35 GB to this Solaris VM's Disk The disk was named c1t0d0 Few basic slices for root(8gb), swap(517mb) and /export/home(494mb) were created by the solaris Installer during the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
18 Replies

9. Solaris

machine server and machine client

Hello, i need to create a communication between two machines solaris 2 installed in VM workstation; to begin with NFS and do these : Machine A : share -F nfs /opt and in Machine B : mount -F nfs machineA:/opt /mnt also share -F nfs -o rw=machineB /opt and in B mount -F nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies
XOSD_SET_BAR_LENGTH(3)													    XOSD_SET_BAR_LENGTH(3)

NAME
xosd_set_bar_length - Change the length of the percentage bar or slider SYNOPSIS
#include <xosd.h> int xosd_set_bar_length (xosd *osd, int displayPercentage); DESCRIPTION
xosd_set_bar_length changes the percentage of the display used by a slider or percentage bar. Normally the XOSD choses a sensible length for the bar, but you may wish to change the default behavior if there are only a small number of possible values to be displayed. ARGUMENTS
osd The XOSD window to alter. displayPercentage The percentage of the display to be used up by the slider or percentage bar, as an interger between 0 and 100. Setting displayPer- centage to -1 reverts to the default behaviour. RETURN VALUE
On success, a zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned and xosd_error is set to indicate the reason for the error. ENVIRONMENT
char *xosd_error A string describing the error, if one occurred. BUGS
There are no known bugs with xosd_set_bar_length. Bug reports can be sent to <xosd@ignavus.net>. AUTHORS
The XOSD library was originally written by Andre Renaud, and is currently maintained by Tim Wright. This document was written by Michael JasonSmith. SEE ALSO
xosd_create(3), xosd_display(3). XOSD_SET_BAR_LENGTH(3)