Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ubuntu Hardy: How to span windows over more than 1 screen? Post 302261141 by mcW on Sunday 23rd of November 2008 04:20:27 PM
Old 11-23-2008
Hi,

Ive that section in my xorg.conf. So Ive a desktop of that size. If I stretch the window manually, its over all 3 screens, but I want to click only the maximize-button of the window to do this.
Do you unterstand? Its a bit complicated for me to explain that in english... Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rhel5 with ubuntu and windows xp

hi all.. i need to install RHEL5 on my machine. m having 15gb of primary partition reserved for this..... problem is: i have WindowsXP and Ubuntu 8.10 already running ...... XP on first primary and Ubuntu on logical. Please help me installing RHEL5 without disturbing XP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AVINAZZ
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

xlib: allow overlay of other windows in full-screen

Hi, I am using the feh slideshow program in full-screen mode. While the slide show is in progress I would like to draw some other windows (something like clock or calendar from gdesklets) on top of this slideshow. Currently feh does not allow me to do that. Below is the code that feh uses to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aerosmith
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu server login screen

Hi, Im running ubuntu server 8.04 LTS, but I want to change the initial login screen message. How can I do this? Which files do I need to change for this? So just to be clear when I reboot the server the login text which is then displayed thats what I want to change not the text that is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
5 Replies

4. SuSE

SLES 11 SP1 X windows login screen disappear ..

Dear All I have a problem (please look the attachment picture.) My SLEL 11 SP1 use run-level 5, after I reboot the server. the Ctrl+Alt F7 console only display the wallpaper... (It should display a lprompt to ask username and password, please look the attachment picture. and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

5. Linux

Only the terminal(command screen) no GUI, for Windows XP ???

Hi All, Am working in a major IT company, due to security issues, being a fresher am not allowed to install or asking for a specific business reason to install it in my system. The thing is i want to learn Linux, due to the same security issues we need Admin pass to install certain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
6 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Boot problem after updates, Ubuntu, black screen and cursor

I hope this is the correct forum, please forgive a newbie. Hi all, New to linux, ubuntu, and this forum. I have enjoyed ubuntu for the past few months, but after my last update installation ubuntu would boot to a black screen and blinking cursor. If I let it sit for a while it would give the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutoubuntu
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display IP adresss at login screen (Ubuntu 14.04)

Hi I tried to follow ifconfig - How can I display eth0's IP address at the login screen on Precise Server? - Ask Ubuntu and Show IP address of VM as console pre-login message for some reason the above links did not work as advertised. E.g no ip address was displayed. This is VM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
9 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on MacBook 4,1 (2008) Backlight Screen Issue

I cannot get Ubuntu or Ubuntu-based systems to wake from sleep properly on a Macbook 4,1 pre-October 2008. The backlight for the laptop screen does not turn back on after waking and signal does not pass through the Mini-DVI port to my monitor either (monitor says no signal). I have tried to use the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheOuterLinux
4 Replies
DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3X)											    DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3X)

NAME
DMXChangeScreensAttributes - change back-end screen attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> int DMXChangeScreensAttributes(Display *dpy, int screen_count, int *screens, int mask_count, unsigned int *masks, DMXScreenAttributes *attr, int *error_screen); DESCRIPTION
DMXChangeScreensAttributes() changes the geometries and positions of the DMX screen and DMX root windows on the back-end X servers. screen_count specifies the number of screens to be changed. For each screen, the screen number is placed in screens, an attribute mask is placed in masks, and a DMXScreenAttributes structure is included in attr. An explanation of the DMXScreenAttributes structure is given in DMXGetScreenAttributes(3X). The values that are used to compute each value in masks are as follows DMXScreenWindowWidth DMXScreenWindowHeight DMXScreenWindowXoffset DMXScreenWindowYoffset DMXRootWindowWidth DMXRootWindowHeight DMXRootWindowXoffset DMXRootWindowYoffset DMXRootWindowXorigin DMXRootWindowYorigin In general, mask_count should be equal to screen_count. However, as a convenience, mask_count may be less than screen_count, and the last entry in masks will then be used for all of the remaining screens. For example, this allows identical changes to be made to several screens using only one mask. RETURN VALUE
On success, 0 is returned. Otherwise, error_screen is set to the value of the first screen in the list that caused the error and a non- zero value is returned. If screen_count or mask_count is less than 1, or if any of the attribute values are not within the appropriate bounding boxes, DmxBadValue is returned. If a protocol error occurs, DmxBadReply is returned. DMXChangeScreensAttributes() can generate BadLength (if the data provided does not match the data implicitly required by the screen_count and mask_count values), BadValue (if the values in screens are not valid), and BadAlloc errors. SEE ALSO
DMXGetScreenCount(3X), DMXGetScreenAttributes(3X), DMX(3X), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.0.2 DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3X)