Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed issues with strange char
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed issues with strange char Post 302260543 by hibern on Friday 21st of November 2008 01:03:29 AM
Old 11-21-2008
Thanks for your answer, but it's not working :-(

i tried line by line the and i thing this is due to { char. (that' for some thing like a macro)

i have tried with \{ but the problème still their :-(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange sed behavior

I have a file called products.kp which contains, for example, 12345678,1^M 87654321,2^M 13579123,3 when I run the command cat products.kp| sed -f kp.sed where kp.sed contains s,^M,, I get the output 12345678,1 87654321,2 13579123,3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed escape char

Hi, For the following complex code , <!-- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete until char x

Hi, I got a Textfile contains hundreds of lines like this: 3 02 8293820 0 22 22 All I need is this: 293820 0 22 22 So i decided to delete until the first '8' comes up. But how I can realize that? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcW
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special char's with sed

Hi, I've a txt file which contains the following kind of listed data 18971 ./aosrp18.r 15340 ./aosrp12.r 22996 ./aosrp08.r 17125 ./aosrp06.r I'm trying to get rid of the ./ in the file and have tried the following with sed but I'm not getting the correct result... I'm not sure what way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unterminated `s' command

I have read many threads, but I still didn't find the right answer. May be i didn't find the right thread, though are so many threads for the same question. Basically the situation is - find date in a file and replace it with another date. (its not homework, its part of lot of a big processing,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinthm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Sed !!

wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=1/1/1/ wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=`echo $v|sed -e "s/\//\\\//g"`;echo $v 1/1/1/ wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=1/1/1/ wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=`echo $v|sed -e 's/\//\\\//g'`;echo $v sed: Function s/\//\\//g cannot be parsed. wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=1/1/1/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command"

Hello All, I have something like below LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a I want to remove till first forward slash that is outputshould be as below rel/prod/libinactrl.a rel/prod/libinactrl.a How can I do that ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to remove a special char using sed

consider this is my sample file format. in this i want to remove ^@ with space . please help me in this problm 7305,1310184890,0,0,12,201370,FCASTBHBR0 ,XX ,2,1,2,0,^@,1,1,0,3,1303862400,0,1577923199,1,10,FCASTOR SEED EX-BHABHAR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu-lnx
2 Replies
isaexec(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       isaexec(3C)

NAME
isaexec - invoke isa-specific executable SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int isaexec(const char *path, char *const argv[], char *const envp[]); DESCRIPTION
The isaexec() function takes the path specified as path and breaks it into directory and file name components. It enquires from the running system the list of supported instruction set architectures; see isalist(5). The function traverses the list for an executable file in named subdirectories of the original directory. When such a file is located, execve() is invoked with argv[] and envp[]. See exec(2). RETURN VALUES
If no file is located, isaexec() returns ENOENT. Other return values are the same as for execve(). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of isaexec() function. On a system whose isalist is sparcv7 sparc the program int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec("/bin/thing", argv, envp)); } will look first for an executable file named /bin/sparcv7/thing, then for an executable file named /bin/sparc/thing. It will invoke execve() on the first executable file it finds named thing. On that same system, a program called /u/bin/tofu can cause either /u/bin/sparcv7/tofu or /u/bin/sparc/tofu to be invoked using the follow- ing code: int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec(getexecname(), argv, envp)); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), getexecname(3C), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1998 isaexec(3C)