Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help recovering a backed up file Post 302260412 by vbe on Thursday 20th of November 2008 12:25:47 PM
Old 11-20-2008
To be able to answer would mean knowing how the backups were done...
Not our case...
The fact that you use mt may be you have tar files appended... (or pax?) but without knowing how you do your backups, we cant answer

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix Backed up with Windows NT?

We are running a Windows NT environment and have a stand alone Unix box. Is there software that would allow this Unix machine to be backed up along with our routine Windows NT backups? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Money
3 Replies

2. Solaris

TAR command , listing backed up files

I've backed up several files to tape using tar, and wish to list those that have backed up. % tar cvf /dev/rmt/2un /s_1/oradata/pgpub/config.ora a /s_1/oradata/pgpub/config.ora 2 tape blocks But when I go to list the files: % tar tvf /dev/rmt/2un tar: tape read error What am I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible that recovering a disk with jffs2 file system ?

Is it possible that recovering a disk with jffs2 file system ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s. murat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Identify date of file backed up used FBACKUP cmd?

Dear UNIX Experts, I'm a newbie. My name is Budi. I need some help from any body in this forum. How do we identify the backed up date of file in the Back up tape ? I did the back up using FBACKUP cmd. I tried to googling it, but unfortunately no aimed solution that I got. :confused: I've... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhoed
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to see files backed up on tape using dd command

Hi all, I need some help... - I have two servers - serverA and serverB. - ServerB has a tape drive - I took a backup of some files on serverB on to tape drive on serverA. - I used the following command: serverB> tar cvfb - 20 ./<file> | ssh <serverA> 'dd of=/dev/nst0 bs=20b' - I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Recovering from corrupt /etc/system file

Hi I would like to know one thing while recovering from corrupt /etc/system file. For that we have to do at ok> boot -a when system ask for system file we give /dev/null. Could any one tell me what /dev/null value will do in this case. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

how can i change inactive backed up filename on tsm

does any one know how to change inactive filename that is backed up on tsm? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: curtis911
1 Replies
STOREBACKUPCHECKBACKUP(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 STOREBACKUPCHECKBACKUP(1)

NAME
storeBackupCheckBackup.pl - checks if a file in the backup is missing or corrupted SYNOPSIS
storeBackupCheckBackup.pl -c backupDir [-v level] [-p number] [-i] DESCRIPTION
This program calculates md5 sums from the files in the backup and compares them with md5 sums stored by storeBackup.pl. It so will recognize, if a file in the backup is missing or currupted. It only checks plain files, not special files or symbolic links. OPTIONS
--print print configuration parameters and stop --checkDir, -c backup or top of backups to check --backupRoot, -b root of storeBackup tree, normally not needed --verbose, -v generate statistics --parJobs, -p number of parallel jobs, default = chosen automatically -i, <--includeRenamedBackups> include renamed backups into the check renamed backups must follow the convention <backupDir>-<something> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008-2012 by Heinz-Josef Claes (see README) Published under the GNU General Public License v3 or any later version perl v5.14.2 2012-03-03 STOREBACKUPCHECKBACKUP(1)