Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development PHP echo everything including brackets and quotes Post 302259713 by cbkihong on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 08:59:37 PM
Old 11-18-2008
Can you post a sample of code that shows the issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo using single quotes

Hi, Please help me to echo the following statement using single quotes Why can't I write 's between single quotes Thanks in advance, Chella (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo is striping mah quotes

As the title says, echo is striping my quotes and I need them. echo "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>" returns: <?xml version=1.0 encoding=ISO-8859-1?> Obviously, echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"?>" returns the result I need: <?xml version="1.0"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_becker
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl echo with double quotes

I need to echo a string that has double quotes in a Perl script. #!/usr/bin/env perl `echo Rule123 -comment \"blah blah\" >> $filename` I'd like to get below appended to $filename: Rule 123 -comment "blah blah" But instead, the double quotes are lost: Rule 123 -comment blah bah ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slchin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using echo to print double quotes along with variable substitution

Hi, I am generating html code using cshell, but i am having one problem while printing double quotes, I need to write following code in file. where $var contains list of web address <a href="$var">$var</a> So i am using echo "<a href="$var">$var</a>" > file.html But with this " in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo Brackets from a file

I'm a beginner of c shell scripting. How I can echo a whole line from a file with bracket in it? Ex. Inside the file.txt abcd efghi This is what inside the c shell set IN_FILE = file.txt set GREP_KEY = 'abcd' set IN_LINE = `grep ${GREP_KEY} ${IN_FILE}` echo $IN_LINE After... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeahr
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with echo inserting single quotes

Consider the following script: #!/bin/bash exclude='Archive PST,SystemState' IFS=$"," rsyncExclusions=$(for exclude in ${exclude}; do echo -n -e --exclude=\"${exclude}\"\ ; done) unset IFS echo rsync $rsyncExclusions test rsync -avh --delete --delete-excluded "$rsyncExclusions"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute a varible in script having value including quotes?

Hi All, We need to run a Connect direct script on Unix server to send a file to Mainframe server and at mainframe end there need to run another job through Runtask with some parameters need to be passed from C:D (unix) to mainframe. My question is I have to pass parameters like DSN and FNAME as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrix001
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes and variable proble in echo

HI Guys, I want to echo below line in my file :- lpd | grep AL | nawk '{print "1dLA - " $0} How can i echo same Output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

9. Programming

Replace comma which is not inside brackets,quotes or paranthesis

Hi All, I want to replace the commas which are not inside parenthesis,quotes if input is abc,,lm,(no,pq,rs),{tu,vw,xy},zs,"as,as,fr",'ab,cd,ef' output should be abc lm (no,pq,rs) {tu,vw,xy} zs "as,as,fr" 'ab,cd,ef' I tried this str.replaceAll("\\(.*?\\)|(,)", " "); say my string... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing double quotes in echo command

Please help me to use echo or printf type of command to print some value from variable within double quotes - I want to print the double quote ( " ") also. I tried #!/bin/bash VALUE=some_value echo '{"value" : "$VALUE"}' I was expecting the above script would produce .. {"value" :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)