Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find -cmin or fin -newer
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users find -cmin or fin -newer Post 302259468 by xxxyyyy on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 07:31:53 AM
Old 11-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Sawant
dunno if this would help, but how about restricting the search? say you are looking for plain files only, then add -type f to the find command.
Idea is fine, but it does not suite the requirement... Since it is part of synchronization tool, i cannot pick based on the types.

However, thanks for the suggestion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

3. Solaris

AIX to SOLARIS conversion - (find -cmin option)

I have a piece of code (below) in a .ksh script running on AIX. I need to convert the code to run .zsh on Solaris. Solaris's find command does not support the -cmin function. Suggestions?? The code searchs for a file (_filename) and determines if it has been written to or modified in the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find's -newer Flag

I am writing a script that looks in a reports directory, copies a specified script to a working folder, copies some data files into the working folder, runs the report, zips the new files, then uploads them. Right now to determine what files to zip (as I don't know how many report files there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to find the newer date in a text file?

Hi, I have a text file, foo.txt, it looks something like below. In the file there is a line that gives the date in the form of: Mon Jun 15 11:09:31 2008. I need to find which date is the newest and then store certain details of that list data to another file. So, in this sample text file, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Relatively simple question regarding find and cmin

Nuts and bolts: I have a log file that should be updated once every minute called OD_MEM.log. I want to add a check to my CheckSystem script that confirms that the log has been written to in the last 2 minutes. If I use the find command with cmin 1, it finds the file every time. If I use the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file then overwrite with a newer version

This should be a simple script, but can't find one with google search. I just need to find the file that is in many directories, then overwrite that file with a newer version i.e. find file.jar then overwrite with /root/file.jar All I get in searches is substitute text with new test inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haircat
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than x days

We had an arrant rsync run and started copying over new files from one system to another. Although this is what we will want to do at some point, for now, we want to maintain the system as it was a few days ago. I am looking for a script that will find files that are newer than x days. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leyva62
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not searching path when -newer specified

When this command is issued from a directory other than where the file is located it works fine: find /db2/D01/log_archive/ -name "S0002166.LOG" -type f /db2/D01/log_archive/db2d01/D01/NODE0000/C0000000/S0002166.LOG When I change -name to -newer, it doesn't work. Find only searches the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletchdb2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find mmin, mtime, cmin not working

Dear All, We are having the script which is creating the folder on another server if it is not present using ssh. Using scp it copies copy all pdf files from local folder to server folder. After all copy is done, Just to verify i was using the below find command find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies
wbemconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    wbemconfig(1M)

NAME
wbemconfig - convert a JavaSpaces datastore to the newer Reliable Log datastore format SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/lib/wbem/wbemconfig convert DESCRIPTION
A Reliable Log directory is created that contains the converted data. This directory is named /var/sadm/wbem/logr. The convert argument is the only supported option of this command. You should only run this command after stopping WBEM (CIM Object Man- ager) with the init.wbem stop command. Otherwise your data may be corrupted. This command successfully converts any proprietary custom MOFs you have created in the datastore, but not any CIM or Solaris MOFs you have modified. These will be destroyed. To recompile any modified CIM or Solaris MOFs into the new datastore, run the mofcomp command on the MOF files containing the class definitions. Because the wbemconfig convert command invokes the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) to perform conversion of the JavaSpaces datastore, you must be running the same version of the JVM as when the original JavaSpaces storage was created. After the wbemconfig convert command is com- pleted, you can change to any version of the JVM you want. To see what version of the JVM you are running, issue the java -version command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: convert Convert a JavaSpaces datastore to the newer Reliable Log datastore format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbcou | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
init.wbem(1M), wbemadmin(1M), wbemlogviewer(1M), mofcomp(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Aug 2000 wbemconfig(1M)