Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CD drive Mounting
Operating Systems Linux CD drive Mounting Post 302259050 by siba.s.nayak on Monday 17th of November 2008 05:43:02 AM
Old 11-17-2008
CD drive Mounting

Can any one suggest me how to mount the cd drive from unix?
I have installed Ubuntu8.0 on my laptop.
Your response is appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting a drive

Trying to mount a drive which has been dropped after corruption. What is the quickets and esiest command to run and which switches? cheers olly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drive mounting

Hello, people. I am pretty new to linux, but I heard it was supposed to be good. So I installed it on an ancient 33mhz 486 with 27mbs of RAM. Ran into problems, patched them, and am here now. I am trying to figure out how to use my floppy and CD-ROM drives. I click their respective icons on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mounting AFS drive

I have an old amiga IDE drive that I wish to read. Its formated in FFS and I understand I can mount this under linux as an AFS filesystem. The drive is already installed in the PC. Can anyone explain in newbie terms the steps t mounting and reading this drive? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SocketSlave
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem mounting different named drive

Hi all, I've got a system here in which I have put a hard drive that was previously mirrored in a supposedly identical system. I am now attempting to boot from this drive alone but get these messages: --- ad4: 58644MB <Maxtor 6Y060L0> at ata2-master UDMA100 Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ar0a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbostyx
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Mounting XP Drive in Solaris 10

Hi All, I'm a relative rookie when it comes to the world of Unix and Windows networking, and hoping you can help me out! My predicament: I have a Windows machine running VMWare with an instance of Solaris 10. I have a Windows XP Pro "server" with a large hard drive that I need Solaris to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiffy05
7 Replies

7. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

8. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

9. SCO

Mounting Tape Drive

Sorry I posted it in wrong forum first. OK, I'm new to Unix (but an IT since DOS 6.2 era) Long story short I'm trying to help a friend who has failing Unix system which is perhaps 16 years old with SCO Openserver 3.4v4.2 with DDS90 Tape where they backup their data. I've setup a Dell Precision... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunail
9 Replies
mount_pcfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_pcfs(1M)

NAME
mount_pcfs - mount pcfs file systems SYNOPSIS
mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special | mount_point mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special mount_point DESCRIPTION
mount attaches an MS-DOS file system (pcfs) to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount will search /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the FSType-specific_options; see mount(1M) for more details. The special argument can be one of two special device file types: o A floppy disk, such as /dev/diskette0 or /dev/diskette1. o A DOS logical drive on a hard disk expressed as device-name:logical-drive , where device-name specifies the special block device-file for the whole disk and logical-drive is either a drive letter (c through z) or a drive number (1 through 24). Examples are /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:c and /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:1. The special device file type must have a formatted MS-DOS file system with either a 12-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit File Allocation Table. OPTIONS
generic_options See mount(1M) for the list of supported options. -o Specify pcfs file system specific options. The following options are supported: foldcase|nofoldcase Force uppercase characters in filenames to lowercase when reading them from the filesystem. This is for compatibility with the pre- vious behavior of pcfs. The default is nofoldcase. FILES
/etc/mnttab table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), pcfs(7FS) NOTES
If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_pcfs(1M)