Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Uploading files in chronological order Post 302258730 by Franklin52 on Saturday 15th of November 2008 03:25:28 PM
Old 11-15-2008
Your question is not clear, perhaps you could elaborate your question a bit.
How does your current script look like and where do you get stuck?

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uploading Zipped files get 553 error

I am trying to upload .zip files to Unix server and get the error 553 qmerev2002.zip: Permission denied, what is my problem?? I am able to load other files and folders fine. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl Uploading Files

Using perl 5.8.0, Linux 2.4.20-30.9, RedHat 9.0. We have many .cgi's that allow privileged users to upload files to the server through a web browser. We've had these .cgi's for years and have never had any problems with them. Recently the files being uploaded are sometimes being given 600... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to block the files uploading via the port

Hi Folks, I am not good in shell scripting. Please help me with my problem. Is it possible to block the file named "ss.cgi" using the port 25 to upload. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uploading files from Mac to Unix/Linux via ssh

Ok. I am using the Terminal window to ssh into a unix server. I am not sure how to copy a file from my mac onto the unix server. What command do I enter and how do I type the file I want to upload Example. Say my file is named Test1.doc and it is on the usr/me/test/working/ directory and I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting dates in chronological order

Hi forum. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I tried to search online but couldn't come up with an exact solution. I have the following data file: H|20-May-2011|MF_FF.dat|77164|731374590.96|1|1|731374590.96|76586|77164|578|2988|Y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script for uploading files to multiupload.com

Hi Please help me writing a shell script for multiupload. result should look like: $ ./multiupload.sh /tmp/file.avi http://www.multiupload.com/P1R9BZ4X3Q http://i.imgur.com/a2vhH.png There seems to be no official API. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to get find command o/p in chronological order?

Hi friends, I am using below script to gzip files after naming them in a particular order. but I intend to name them in numerical order as per their timings(earlier updated fle with a smaller numeric extension than later updated),but this script is not working as planned. please help with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plowshare Command In Uploading Files

OK i am completely new to this stuff!! let me start from the beginning!!! I Am connected to Whatbox.ca Via SSH!! Then I installed plowshare using their guide perfectly Now They Told Me To refer Plowshare site's Command list for uploading any files to Various... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anime12345
4 Replies

9. Web Development

Uploading files via php

I used the following code, which I found on the internet to upload files. <!-- The data encoding type, enctype, MUST be specified as below --> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="upload2.php" method="POST"> <!-- MAX_FILE_SIZE must precede the file input field --> <input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort in chronological order

I am trying to sort a log file in chronological order to identify which ones did not process and still have an old (probably yesterday's) date. This is a sample of the file:flatf 010140 flatf Thu May 10 22:22:11 CST 2018 flats finished flatf 010142 flatf Thu May 10 22:31:25 CST 2018 flats... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
inviso_lfm_tpfreader(3erl)				     Erlang Module Definition					inviso_lfm_tpfreader(3erl)

NAME
inviso_lfm_tpfreader - Inviso Standard Reader Process to Standard Logfile Merger DESCRIPTION
Implements the standard reader process to the standard logfile merger inviso_lfm . The reader process reads logfiles belonging to the same set (normally one node) in chronological order and delivers logged trace messages one by one to the output process. Before any trace messages are delivered, the inviso_lfm_tpreader implementation reads the entire trace information file (if in use) and builds a database over pid-to-alias associations. The inviso_lfm_tpreader implementation is capable of considering that an alias may have been used for several processes during different times. An alias may also be in use for several pids at the same time, on purpose. If a process has generated a trace message, all associa- tions between that pid and aliases will be presented as the list PidMappings in the message sent to the output process. EXPORTS
handle_logfile_sort_wrapset(LogFiles) -> FileList2 Types LogFiles = [{trace_log, FileList}] FileList = FileList2 = [FileName] FileName = string() Only one {trace_log, FileList} tuple is expected in LogFiles , all other tuples are ignored. FileList must: * contain one single file name, or * a list of wraplog files, following the naming convention <Prefix><Nr><Suffix> . Sorts the files in FileList in chronological order beginning with the oldest. Sorting is only relevant if FileList is a list of wraplogs. The sorting is done on finding the modulo-counter in the filename and not on filesystem timestamps. This function is exported for convenience should an own reader process be implemented. THE TRACE INFORMATION FILE PROTOCOL
The format of a trace information file is dictated by the meta tracer process. The inviso_lfm_tpfreader implementation of a reader process understands the following trace information entries. Note that the inviso_rt_meta trace information file is on binary format prefixing every entry with a 4 byte length indicator. {Pid, Alias, alias, NowStamp} : Pid = pid() Alias = term() NowStamp = term() , but in current implementation as returned from erlang:now/0 This message indicates that from now on shall Pid be associated with Alias . {MaybePid, Alias, unalias, NowStamp} : MaybePid = pid() | undefined Alias = term() NowStamp = term() , see above This message indicates that, if MaybePid is a pid, this pid shall no longer be associated with Alias . If it is undefined , all associ- ations with Alias from now shall be considered invalid. Also note that there are many situations where unalias entries will be missing. For instance if a process terminates without making explicit function calls removing its associations first. This is seldom a problem unless the pid is reused. Ericsson AB inviso 0.6.2 inviso_lfm_tpfreader(3erl)