Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster Post 302258059 by dfezz1 on Thursday 13th of November 2008 07:56:59 PM
Old 11-13-2008
VCS + Solaris 5.10 + IPMP ???

I have one question? Does VCS 5 on Solaris 10 work with IPMP / nic bonding? I have a college that insists that it doesn't?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to setup the veritas cluster

hi frnz, let me know how to configutre the veritas cluster.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

newbie in veritas cluster server

Hello, This might not be the right place to post my questions. - I installed VCS 5.0 on the 2 nodes. What's next? I want to test the HA of NFS: i.e. the shared disk always accessible if one node goes down. How to do that? - The management console was not installed. This is the GUI to manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster forum

do you know where can i find forum for veritas hasf forum? thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

veritas cluster

Hi I want to install VCS 5 on solaris 10 the product states it needs 3 nic cards. how to install it if I have 2 cards only (this is just for demo)? thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

5. Solaris

scconf crash: registering a Veritas local disk on Sun Cluster (localonly=true)

Hi all, I want to put a local disk on a Sun Cluster node but scconf command explodes :eek: My system: * two node cluster on two VMWare virtual machines * Solaris 10 SunOS 5.10 Generic_141415-05 i86pc i386 i86pc * Sun Cluster 3.2 u2 * Veritas Volume manager The situation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Cluster

Can I make a veritas cluster on Sun vertual box or Vmwere. Please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Veritas Cluster

How to create your cluster members routes and manual nat, and proxy. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja@tech
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_bge - configure the bge transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure bge adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can only be used with the dlpi transport type. The bge adapter is VLAN capable. The bge adapter connects to a transport switch or to another bge adapter on a different node. In either case, the connection is made through a transport cable. When a transport switch is used and the endpoints of the transport cable are configured by using the scconf command, the scinstall command, or other tools, you are asked to specify a port name on the transport switch. You can provide any port name, or accept the default, as long as the name is unique for the switch. The default is to set the port name to the node ID hosting the adapter at the other end of the cable. There are no user configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scinstall(1M), bge(7D) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)