Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount windows Share on solaris using SAMBA Post 302257037 by jlliagre on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 08:17:15 AM
Old 11-11-2008
If by SUN10 you mean Solaris 10, you'll need a third party commercial software like sharity to be able to mount windows shares.

Latest Solaris Express builds implement smbfs so can mount these shares out of the box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using the mount command to connect to a windows share

Until recently I have been using the following command successfully to connect to a windows share: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_username,password=my_password /home/temp //oldserverx1/openexchange But from today, I've been getting the following error: INFO: Debug class all level = 1 (pid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cw1972
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Mount Windows share on Redhat, WITHOUT Samba?

Hi, Please let me know whether I can mount a windows share on Redhat, which does not have Samba installed. The constraint is that I cannot install Samba . Looking forward for a possible solution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jksena
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Is it possible to setup a samba share to always mount to a specific Windows drive letter???

I'm trying to setup Samba in a solaris zone... Is there a way to setup Samba so that every Windows machine that tries to connect to the share always gets it mounted under the same drive letter (e.g. H:)??? My Samba share (in smb.conf) /home/pickup I want that all Window users get it mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

mount windows share folder

all,,i need help,,i try to mount a windows 2000 share folder to my system,,i already userd smb mount,mount -F and bunch of stuff and none is working,,can anyone give me a script to this?? PS : when i use mount -F i got this message : nfs mount: insufficient privileges ,,, is it must be root ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems between a HP UX 11.31 Samba share and Windows 7...

Hi I have an issue with a client. He was able to use his mounted Samba share for a long time. However, a couple of days ago, he wasn't able to access all of his files all of a sudden. He still see's the share and majority of the files, but not some that he needs. I checked with Secure CRT on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba share Windows problem

I have a problem with a Samba share (Debian) on Windows. My config http://pastebin.com/18ncwngr With smbclient -U ftp //xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/daten I can connect with another Linux Server. Only with Windows it does not work. Deactivate firewall also but I can not connect me. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PAfreakFlorian
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba Share access from windows

Hello, I want to connect to two samba shares both on the same Linux box but each with a different username from a windows server 2008. I created 2 gpos to connect and I can connect to the shares individually via net use command, but once I entered credentials for one of the shares, it seems I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaineyma
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
SMBMNT(8)																 SMBMNT(8)

NAME
smbmnt - helper utility for mounting SMB filesystems SYNOPSIS
smbmnt mount-point [ -s <share> ] [ -r ] [ -u <uid> ] [ -g <gid> ] [ -f <mask> ] [ -d <mask> ] [ -o <options> ] DESCRIPTION
smbmnt is a helper application used by the smbmount program to do the actual mounting of SMB shares. smbmnt can be installed setuid root if you want normal users to be able to mount their SMB shares. A setuid smbmnt will only allow mounts on directories owned by the user, and that the user has write permission on. The smbmnt program is normally invoked by smbmount(8) It should not be invoked directly by users. smbmount searches the normal PATH for smbmnt. You must ensure that the smbmnt version in your path matches the smbmount used. OPTIONS
-r mount the filesystem read-only -u uid specify the uid that the files will be owned by -g gid specify the gid that the files will be owned by -f mask specify the octal file mask applied -d mask specify the octal directory mask applied -o options list of options that are passed as-is to smbfs, if this command is run on a 2.4 or higher Linux kernel. AUTHOR
Volker Lendecke, Andrew Tridgell, Michael H. Warfield and others. The current maintainer of smbfs and the userspace tools smbmount, smbumount, and smbmnt is Urban Widmark <URL:mailto:urban@teststa- tion.com>. The SAMBA Mailing list <URL:mailto:samba@samba.org> is the preferred place to ask questions regarding these programs. The conversion of this manpage for Samba 2.2 was performed by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 SMBMNT(8)