Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble Post 302256955 by Neo on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 01:02:07 AM
Old 11-11-2008
Yes, I agree.

Generally, you should not upgrade unless there is a clear and compelling reason to do so.

When you decide to upgrade, you should insure that the upgrade will not break your existing applications, some of which may not run on the upgraded platform.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble Compling ZoneMinder 1.25.X from Source/Ubuntu 12.04

I orginally installed Zoneminder 1.25.X on Ubuntu 12.04 using there repositories and ran into a roadblock using the Bluecherry BC-08240A - 8 port video, 8 port audio realtime hardware compression card. The card requires the solo6010-dkm driver which uses ('extended' layouts) Using the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu

Hi all, I'm running SVN on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have to connect it to an online repository accessed by HTTPS. I can check out files from the repository just fine with the command: svn checkout <https://pathToRepository>But, I can't update the working copy properly after I make changes. I change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
1 Replies

3. Linux

Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10)

I'm not able to run perf on linux 4.4. I'm using ubuntu 15.10. The error I'm getting is: WARNING: perf not found for kernel 4.4.0 You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel: linux-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 linux-cloud-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 You may also want to install... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)