Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: get all user's login time
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers get all user's login time Post 302256881 by alif on Monday 10th of November 2008 07:59:47 PM
Old 11-10-2008
Question get all user's login time

hi all, i need yor help!!!Smilie

i am a newbie in programming

i want to get user list and their login time...

i have search and learn about pswd and utmp, but i only can get usr list without their login time...

do you have an idea to solve my problem?

thanx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic time out of user login

I have asked by our security team to implement an automatic time out for user logins after a specified time interval. I have never heard of this feature in Unix before. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this for HP-UX 11i? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script from other user rather than login user

Hi, My requirement is that i am login from ROOT in a script but when any command is coming which is logging to sqlplus then i have to run it with normal user as only normal user have permission to connect to sqlplus . i tried making a script like this : #! /bin/ksh su -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
3 Replies

3. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to Restrict user login after certain time in Solaris??

My OS is Solaris 10, I would like to know if there is any way to restrict user login to the system (either remote or console login) after certain time, say 20:00 on Mon to Fri and whole day on SAT and SUN??? Sorry that I am a new user on Unix System. Any comment is fully appreciated!!! Alex (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alessandro31
7 Replies

6. AIX

User login time

I want to set the "logintimes" variable for a user on a server who need access mornings and night how to I set the "logintimes" I want the user to log in from 08:00 to 12:00 and 17:00 to 21:00 is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

8. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login into another user from user inside script

now i have logged in username : ramesh in unix Now i have to created script file to login into another user and have run a command inside that user and after executing the command i have to exit from that user. Inside script, i have to login into su - ram along with password : haihow and have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies
AC(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     AC(8)

NAME
ac - login accounting SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ac [ -w wtmp ] [ -p ] [ -d ] [ people ] ... DESCRIPTION
Ac produces a printout giving connect time for each user who has logged in during the life of the current wtmp file. A total is also pro- duced. -w is used to specify an alternate wtmp file. -p prints individual totals; without this option, only totals are printed. -d causes a printout for each midnight to midnight period. Any people will limit the printout to only the specified login names. If no wtmp file is given, /usr/adm/wtmp is used. The accounting file /usr/adm/wtmp is maintained by init and login. Neither of these programs creates the file, so if it does not exist no connect-time accounting is done. To start accounting, it should be created with length 0. On the other hand if the file is left undis- turbed it will grow without bound, so periodically any information desired should be collected and the file truncated. FILES
/usr/adm/wtmp SEE ALSO
init(8), sa(8), login(1), utmp(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 AC(8)