Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how i can read vmcore.x (x=0,1,...) file Post 302256564 by ashish_0101 on Monday 10th of November 2008 06:04:09 AM
Old 11-10-2008
need to analyse vmcore.0

my system got panic and crashed, it generated vmunix.0 file. To analyse I am using mdb utility but I am not sure what is the correct was of using it. I am getting this
# mdb -k vmcore.0
mdb: vmcore.0 is not an ELF file

Can some one help me how I can analyse vmcore.0

Thanks in advance.........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

2. Solaris

use sunexplorer and vmcore analysis result instead of vmcore dump file itself.

in solaris 8 environment,frequently os panic happened and someone advise me check vmcore.:( for crash dump facility can we use SUNEXPLORER data collector package including with analyse result of vmcore like ? It may provides panic message included program counter address, perhaps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

4. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

7. Solaris

I need to analyse some vmcore files

I need to analyse some vmcore files, do you guys know how can i get a free version of the "Solaris Crash Analysis Tool " (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies
adb(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            adb(1)

NAME
adb - general-purpose debugger SYNOPSIS
adb [-kw] [-I dir] [-P prompt] [-V mode] [ object [ core]] DESCRIPTION
The adb utility is an interactive, general-purpose debugger. It can be used to examine files and provides a controlled environment for the execution of programs. The adb utility is now implemented as a link to the mdb(1) utility in Solaris 9. mdb(1) is a low-level debugging utility that can be used to examine user processes as well as the live operating system or operating system crash dumps. The new mdb(1) utility provides complete backwards compatibility with the existing syntax and features of adb, including support for processing adb macro files. The Solaris Modular Debugger Guide and mdb(1) man page describes the features of mdb, including its adb compatibility mode. This mode will be activated by default when the adb link is executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), attributes(5) Solaris Modular Debugger Guide SunOS 5.10 19 Aug 2003 adb(1)