Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can history commands show what time command executed Post 302255893 by Tirmazi on Friday 7th of November 2008 10:19:09 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Can history commands show what time command executed

On Solaris 8 and 10 is there a way history command can show what time a particular command was executed.

Pls reply.

Thanks

Last edited by Tirmazi; 11-07-2008 at 11:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use history command to run previous commands?

Hi, I can use history command in unix to view my last 50 commands. But how can I run the previous commands easily? Can history command help? Firebird (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/Time in history command

Hi, Can we display the Date/time stamp in history command Ex: $history output ----------- vi pr.sh ksh -x pr.sh ksh -n pr.sh nhoup ksh pr.sh & nohup ksh pr.sh & i want the output like this Tue Mar 14 17:18:57 GMT 2006 vi pr.sh HOSTNAME is it possible sir ???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple commands to be executed at the same time

how to execute more than one command at the same time in unix .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
4 Replies

4. Linux

History of executed command in Linux

Hi All, Is there a way to check command executed by users in Linux for a specific date? I know we can use history, but it doesn't shows yesterday's executed commands. rgds, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script show command (e.g. copy) being executed and variable substitution?

When script is running you only see when some of the commands are not successfull. Is there a way to see which command are executed and to show the substitution of variables as every line is executed ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr0124
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clearing history of commands executed

Hi, I have cleared the commands by using >$HOME/.sh_history. But if i issue HISTORY it shows some reference numbers but not the commands executed. But i want to truncate those line numbers too. May i know how i can achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to time stamp executed commands?

Hi guys, I am executing a pretty long ksh script and need to time stamp every command which runs inside. Unfortunatly 'echo date' is not the option here. May be someone knows another way or utility which can be used to log executed command and timestamp next to it. Thanks PS I work in ksh88 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to get list of Linux commands used on specific date through HISTORY command

I want to get list of linux commands used on Jan 01 2014 with the help of HISTORY command or some other linux commands,. Kindly help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get the "history" command to show all that is in the .bash_history file?

I am using the bash shell. When I view my recent command history using the "history" command from the prompt, it only shows me the commands starting at #928. The commands I need are earlier than that, but I can't figure out how to make the other 927 display. They are in my .bash_history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies
history(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							history(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
history - Manipulate the history list SYNOPSIS
history ?option? ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The history command performs one of several operations related to recently-executed commands recorded in a history list. Each of these recorded commands is referred to as an ``event''. When specifying an event to the history command, the following forms may be used: [1] A number: if positive, it refers to the event with that number (all events are numbered starting at 1). If the number is negative, it selects an event relative to the current event (-1 refers to the previous event, -2 to the one before that, and so on). Event 0 refers to the current event. [2] A string: selects the most recent event that matches the string. An event is considered to match the string either if the string is the same as the first characters of the event, or if the string matches the event in the sense of the string match command. The history command can take any of the following forms: history Same as history info, described below. history add command ?exec? Adds the command argument to the history list as a new event. If exec is specified (or abbreviated) then the command is also exe- cuted and its result is returned. If exec isn't specified then an empty string is returned as result. history change newValue ?event? Replaces the value recorded for an event with newValue. Event specifies the event to replace, and defaults to the current event (not event -1). This command is intended for use in commands that implement new forms of history substitution and wish to replace the current event (which invokes the substitution) with the command created through substitution. The return value is an empty string. history clear Erase the history list. The current keep limit is retained. The history event numbers are reset. history event ?event? Returns the value of the event given by event. Event defaults to -1. history info ?count? Returns a formatted string (intended for humans to read) giving the event number and contents for each of the events in the history list except the current event. If count is specified then only the most recent count events are returned. history keep ?count? This command may be used to change the size of the history list to count events. Initially, 20 events are retained in the history list. If count is not specified, the current keep limit is returned. history nextid Returns the number of the next event to be recorded in the history list. It is useful for things like printing the event number in command-line prompts. history redo ?event? Re-executes the command indicated by event and return its result. Event defaults to -1. This command results in history revision: see below for details. HISTORY REVISION
Pre-8.0 Tcl had a complex history revision mechanism. The current mechanism is more limited, and the old history operations substitute and words have been removed. (As a consolation, the clear operation was added.) The history option redo results in much simpler ``history revision''. When this option is invoked then the most recent event is modified to eliminate the history command and replace it with the result of the history command. If you want to redo an event without modifying history, then use the event operation to retrieve some event, and the add operation to add it to history and execute it. KEYWORDS
event, history, record Tcl history(n)