Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command Post 302255453 by rajan_san on Thursday 6th of November 2008 12:27:04 PM
Old 11-06-2008
I was able to get through this issue using the eval option

for LINE in `sed -n '/ '${DB}' /,/ End /p' infile| grep -v ^#`; do
eval `echo "export " ${LINE}`
done

Thanks
Rajan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Parameter in SED command

Hi, I am trying to replace a URL by another URL in the SED command e.g. cat dir/filename1 | sed -e 's/"http:\/\/*dtd"/"http:\/\/abc.def.com\/xyz.dtd"/' > dir/newfile.xml But I need to pass a parameter to the SED command which should have the new url string i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command: To Parse Stament between 2 numbers

Hi, I need an awk command that would parse the below expression Input Format 1 'Stmt1 ............................'2 'Stmt2 ............................'3 'Stmt3 ............................'4 'Stmt4 ............................'5 'Stmt5 ............................'6 'Stmt6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to parse Apache config file

Hi there, am trying to parse an Apache 'server' config file. A snippet of the config file is shown below: ..... ProxyPassReverse /foo http://foo.example.com/bar ..... ..... RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.example.com/$1 RewriteRule /redirect https://www.example1.com/$1 ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jy2k7ca
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command removes lines in file

Hi, I am modifying a file with sed command. i want to make SCORE= blank in the file whereever SCORE=somevalue. What will *$ do in the below command? cat $file | sed 's/SCORE=.*$/SCORE=\r/g' > newfile The last line is also missing in the new file. How to make SCORE='100' to SCORE=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to parse 2 particular lines from Command output

Hi All, I need help on the following req. I am getting output of a command as follows: 16377612 total memory 3802460 used memory 2827076 active memory 681948 inactive memory 12575152 free memory 477452 buffer memory I want to compute used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailsara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command parse a file based on string.

AWK Command parse a file based on string. I am trying to write a shell script to parse a file based on a string and move the content of the file to another file. Here is scenario. File content below Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk/sed command to pull out matching lines from a block

Hi, In order to make our debugging easier in log files, I need this script. My log file will be structured like this : ------Invoking myfile -param:start_time=1371150900000 -param:end_time=1371151800000 for 06/14/2013 <multiple lines here> ..... - Step Sybase CDR Table.0 ended... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk command to convert number occurances into date format and club a set of lines

Hi, I have been stuck in this requirement where my file contains the below format. 20150812170500846959990854-25383-8.0.0 "ABC Report" hp96880 "4952" 20150812170501846959990854-25383-8.0.0 End of run 20150812060132846959990854-20495-8.0.0 "XYZ Report" vg76452 "1006962188"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinmaya Kabi
6 Replies
IPC::Run::Debug(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					IPC::Run::Debug(3)

NAME
IPC::Run::Debug - debugging routines for IPC::Run SYNOPSIS
## ## Environment variable usage ## ## To force debugging off and shave a bit of CPU and memory ## by compile-time optimizing away all debugging code in IPC::Run ## (debug => ...) options to IPC::Run will be ignored. export IPCRUNDEBUG=none ## To force debugging on (levels are from 0..10) export IPCRUNDEBUG=basic ## Leave unset or set to "" to compile in debugging support and ## allow runtime control of it using the debug option. DESCRIPTION
Controls IPC::Run debugging. Debugging levels are now set by using words, but the numbers shown are still supported for backwards compatibility: 0 none disabled (special, see below) 1 basic what's running 2 data what's being sent/recieved 3 details what's going on in more detail 4 gory way too much detail for most uses 10 all use this when submitting bug reports noopts optimizations forbidden due to inherited STDIN The "none" level is special when the environment variable IPCRUNDEBUG is set to this the first time IPC::Run::Debug is loaded: it prevents the debugging code from being compiled in to the remaining IPC::Run modules, saving a bit of cpu. To do this in a script, here's a way that allows it to be overridden: BEGIN { unless ( defined $ENV{IPCRUNDEBUG} ) { eval 'local $ENV{IPCRUNDEBUG} = "none"; require IPC::Run::Debug"' or die $@; } } This should force IPC::Run to not be debuggable unless somebody sets the IPCRUNDEBUG flag; modify this formula to grep @ARGV if need be: BEGIN { unless ( grep /^--debug/, @ARGV ) { eval 'local $ENV{IPCRUNDEBUG} = "none"; require IPC::Run::Debug"' or die $@; } Both of those are untested. AUTHOR
Barrie Slaymaker <barries@slaysys.com>, with numerous suggestions by p5p. perl v5.16.3 2012-01-16 IPC::Run::Debug(3)