Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ultra 5 serial console problem Post 302254973 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 03:28:47 PM
Old 11-05-2008
have you disconnected the keyboard and monitor? and you need a "null modem" cable... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console connection to ultra 2

I have a ultra 2 enterprise server without a video card. I tried to connect my PC to the sun box through console ports using hyperterminal with the standard setting(9600, 8, N, 1) but failed. The cable I used is a DB9 female--DB25 male null modem cable. Using the same setting and cable, I could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongmeic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Installing via serial console

I'm stuck - when I boot the machine and hit 5 on the keyboard, all I get is an SP login. Can someone give me some tips on how to get to the install via the serial port? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

serial console hangs

I have a HP Visualize C200 running hpux that I am trying to boot into using a null modem through com1 from my Sun Ultra 10. I get all the way to the login prompt and then it becomes innactive and wont let me access the machine anymore. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trajek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble getting serial output from Ultra 10

Hi, Iam trying to get make a serial connection to an Ultra 10 from my laptop. I've set the output to goto ttya in the nvram parameters. Iam using a db9 converter at the laptop end and a db25 converter at the ultra 10 end-I know the adapters are fine and so is the cable. Iam just not able to get it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulse77
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

6. Solaris

V890 serial console inaccessible

I am battling to get a V890 up and running. The system appears to have AUTOBOOT=false, so no OS comes up when it's powered on, and I do not have the credentials to get to the RSC management console. Output to ttya serial console ends at "Probing I/O buses", I assume because output is then being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstmark
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to setup a serial console?

i am running solaris 10 in my vmware workstation. How to setup a console for my solaris box. in Vmware i could see a serial port option. can some one help me on how i can setup a console . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
0 Replies

8. Solaris

$ Prompt on Serial console is not responding.

Hi Experts. i have been stuck up with an issue. i have connected my Solaris 8 , Sun fire V445 on serial port by using Teraterm. Initially i was able to login and executed some tasks. After executing some commands (mainly Control +c), i am not able to type any key or not able to do anything at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

$ Prompt on Serial console is not responding.

Hi Experts. i have been stuck up with an issue. i have connected my Solaris 8 , Sun fire V445 on serial port by using Teraterm. Initially i was able to login and executed some tasks. After executing some commands (mainly Control +c), i am not able to type any key or not able to do anything at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)