Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignite - make_net_recovery
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite - make_net_recovery Post 302254945 by gonzotonka on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 02:03:46 PM
Old 11-05-2008
Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it uses ports 22 and 514. I'd like to run it from the client - are the same ports used?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

make_sys_image + Ignite problem

could any one help me I have a HP UX 11.0 with a lot of VG and disks connected to SAN. I need to create a Golden Image having only the vg00 of this system. How do i do this using make_sys_image? In case any have some docs, I would appreciate if You could share it. Thanks Dhanish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All, I need to bring down our old 9000 series d350, but my supervisor wants an ignite backup created. I cannot find ignite in the usual places (/opt/ignite) nor can I find it in swlist. As far as I can tell the cd's are long gone. Is there anywhere else I could look for ignite being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

7. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error with ignite

Works all. Depot shared via nfs dhcp working setting file system,network,root password,etc But when i start "go!" with installation,give me this error. How to fix,debug? Thanks http://s24.postimg.org/5hzbgk551/unixbell3.png (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies
TALKD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TALKD(8)

NAME
talkd -- remote user communication server SYNOPSIS
talkd [-dp] DESCRIPTION
Talkd is the server that notifies a user that someone else wants to initiate a conversation. It acts a repository of invitations, responding to requests by clients wishing to rendezvous to hold a conversation. In normal operation, a client, the caller, initiates a rendezvous by sending a CTL_MSG to the server of type LOOK_UP (see <protocols/talkd.h>). This causes the server to search its invitation tables to check if an invitation currently exists for the caller (to speak to the callee specified in the message). If the lookup fails, the caller then sends an ANNOUNCE message causing the server to broadcast an announcement on the callee's login ports requesting contact. When the callee responds, the local server uses the recorded invitation to respond with the appropriate rendezvous address and the caller and callee client programs establish a stream connection through which the conversation takes place. OPTIONS
[-d] Debug mode; writes copious logging and debugging information to /var/log/talkd.log. [-p] Packet logging mode; writes copies of malformed packets to /var/log/talkd.packets. This is useful for debugging interoperability prob- lems. SEE ALSO
talk(1), write(1) HISTORY
The talkd command appeared in 4.3BSD. Linux NetKit (0.17) March 16, 1991 Linux NetKit (0.17)