Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read records from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read records from a file Post 302254704 by yahyaaa on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 02:18:48 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Try This...

while read Line
do
echo "line = $Line"
done < input_file

Best Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a particular line in a file with 500000 records init

I am trying to open a file and check a record. The file has 543267 records and I want to check the record 514455. I am trying to open in vi and go to that line :514455 but i get the error not enough lines in buffer How should i overcome this? Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhssatya
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to read particular records from a file

i am reading an i/p file input.txt as below and want to read all filenames as in highlighted in bold below and put them in a different file output.txt. can someone help me with a shell script to do this? thanks in advance regards brad input.txt --------- START TYPE:OPT INIT_SEQ:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradc
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read next records

Hello friends, I am newbie in programing. I am facing some problems in awk. Please help me. I have a file with many data sets. Each data set is separated by an empty line. For example Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 0.85 0.07 Fre 42:86 25 0.73 0.03 frp 21:10 28 0.64 0.04 Fre 42:86 63 0.47 0.08... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubeejani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each 2 records from a file

Hi, I have 10000 records in my test.dat file All records are under the following format a,12,45,bn,c a,16,46,bn1,c a,18,47,bn2,c a,12,47,bn3,c a,11,49,bn4,c I have to read each 2 records and assign it into a temp file .Can anybody help me in this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file with n records as one big string using linux

Hello! Is there a way i can read a file with n records as one big string using linux shell script? I have a file in the below format - REC1 REC2 REC3 . . . REC4 Record length is 3000 bytes per record and with a newline char at the end. What i need to do is - read this file as one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailme0205
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read records in a file and sort it?

I have a file which has number of pipe delimited records. I am able to read the records....but I want to sort it after reading. i=0 while IFS="|" read -r usrId dataOwn expire email group secProf startDt endDt smhRole RoleCat DataProf SysRole MesgRole SearchProf do print $usrId $dataOwn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish468
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read File and check records for length

I need a script that will run in unix to: 1) Read and input file with 1 column that contains for ex: 0123456789 1234567890 ...etc 2) Checks the first column if it is: a. Numeric from 0 - 9 b. if it is not less... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a particular records from a file?

Hi All Can anybody let me know the code to read a particular record from a file For e.g. File Name: File.txt File content: Script_path=/abc/def/script/ File_path=/xyz/data/ Business Date=19990905 SERVER_NAME=Server DATABASE_NAME=Database Login=NewUser Password=NewPassword ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddhartha9833
3 Replies
LDBADD(1)						    System Administration tools 						 LDBADD(1)

NAME
ldbadd - Command-line utility for adding records to an LDB SYNOPSIS
ldbadd [-h] [-H LDB-URL] [ldif-file1] [ldif-file2] [...] DESCRIPTION
ldbadd adds records to an ldb(3) database. It reads the ldif(5) files specified on the command line and adds the records from these files to the LDB database, which is specified by the -H option or the LDB_URL environment variable. If - is specified as a ldb file, the ldif input is read from standard input. OPTIONS
-h Show list of available options. -H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(3) for details. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 1.1 of LDB. SEE ALSO
ldb(3), ldbmodify, ldbdel, ldif(5) AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell[1]. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Andrew Tridgell http://samba.org/~tridge/ LDB 1.1 06/17/2014 LDBADD(1)