Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover Post 302253315 by Wotan31 on Friday 31st of October 2008 10:33:27 AM
Old 10-31-2008
ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover

I have a 2-node ServiceGuard cluster. One of the cluster packages has a volume group assigned to it. When I fail the package over to the other node, the volume group does not come up automatically on the other node.

I have to manually do a "vgchange -a y vgname" on the node before the package will come up. If I fail it back to the original node, I once again have to issue the vgchange command manually before the package will start.

What am I missing? I see some cluster related options in the vgchange man page but I don't understand if/how/when to use them.

What do I need to do for this volume group to automatically come up when I fail the package over?

TIA! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP Serviceguard failover - what doesn't get moved across?

Excuse the basic nature of the question, I've zero experience with regards to this and I'm just looking for a little clarity... When using serviceguard for a failover from one machine to another, what doesn't get taken from one machine to the other? For example, I was told that OS users and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stefcha
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

sun Cluster resource group cant failover

I have rcently setup a 4 node cluster running sun cluster 3.2 and I have installed 4 zones on each node. when installing the zones I had to install the zone on all nodes the on the last node do a zlogin -C <zonename> this worked ok. theni I tried to siwitch the zone to node a thei work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesliek
14 Replies

3. HP-UX

Serviceguard Cluster Questions..

Hi, I'm fairly new to HP-UX. I am trying to find out if it is possible to create a cluster with 3 active nodes and 1 passive node. Everything I have found online so far just describes active/active and active/passive. Is it possible to have 3 active nodes and 1 passive node in a cluster? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DtbCollumb
2 Replies

4. AIX

backup & restore a volume group

Dear All, I would like to ask about saving & restoring a user defined volume group. i have a user defined volume group, named as datavg. i want to save it & to restore it into different size of physical volume. currently, datavg consist of 4 pv, three fisrt pv size are 100GB & one pv size is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donybangetgitu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.1 failover

Hi, We have two sun SPARC server in Clustered (Sun Cluster 3.1). For some reason, System 1 failed over to System 2. Where can I find the logs which could tell me the reason for this failover? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

6. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

9. Linux

Volume is mounted on two ServiceGuard nodes

Hey! I'm running a HP ServiceGuard cluster with three nodes. One of the packages was moved (not by me) from one node to another a few weeks ago. I just noticed that one of the volume groups is still mounted on the old node. Oops! When I run df, less space is used on the old node than the new. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobiasvl
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
4S-BACKEND_SETUP(1J)						      4store						      4S-BACKEND_SETUP(1J)

NAME
4s-backend-setup -- Create a new 4store KB SYNOPSIS
4s-backend-setup kbname [--node node-number] [--cluster cluster-size] [--segments segment-count] kb-name --node Number of this node in the cluster, values range from 0 to cluster-size - 1. The default is 0. --cluster The number of nodes in the cluster. The default is 1. --segments The number of segments in the cluster. The default is 2. We recommend one for each CPU core in the cluster as a good starting point. Higher numbers tend to consume more resources, but may result in increased performance. NOTES
Once crated with 4s-backend-setup KBs should be started with 4s-backend(1) SEE ALSO
4s-query(1), 4s-size(1), 4s-httpd(1), 4s-backend(1), 4s-delete-model(1) EXAMPLES
$ 4s-backend-setup --node 0 --cluster 1 --segments 4 demo Creates the indexes for a single-machine KB with four segments, named "demo". 4store May 31, 2019 4store