Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems with logadm / syslog in Sol 9/10 Post 302252765 by incredible on Thursday 30th of October 2008 09:12:37 AM
Old 10-30-2008
What do you want to achieve?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

logadm package

Does anyone know what package logadm is part of? It's not on my Solaris 9 machine, I presume because I only have a core installation. But I'd like to ad it. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syscity
1 Replies

2. Solaris

logadm

I have a log file that I want to rotate each day without keeping old copies. how to achieve that? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09)

Greetings Forumers! I ran into an issue after running luupgrade on v880 running Solaris 8. I want to upgrade to Solaris 10. When I rebooted the system I noticed the file systems listed as such: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Couple logadm questions

My logadm.conf is below. Is there a way to match a log file that appends the time/date stamp after the log file? Also, a 0 is being appended onto the files I'm compressing and having rotated. Is there a way to fix that? /var/apache/tomcat55/logs/catalina.out -C 30 -P 'Fri Jun 18 16:48:55... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
5 Replies

5. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

6. Solaris

LOGADM

Dear experts. I was wondering if logadm preserves ACL setuped on for instance, /var/log/authlog. From man : ...by creating an empty file whose owner, group ID, and permissions match the original file.... Is this ACL inclusive or i need to use -a option (run cmd after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies

7. Solaris

logadm rotates log every time

I'm running logadm manually to test and it seems to be rotating my /var/log/oracle/oracle_audit.log file every single time it's ran instead of rotating once it gets passed 10 gigs, any ideas? Here's the logadm.conf for reference. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logadm

I need to delete the logs using logadm command. we have application that generates to logs automatically with different dates every day like error_20121121.log and so on... using lodadm can i delete the logs of last 10 days using crontabentry? i am confuse here becasue if we use logadm what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani4u
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to logrotate a file after X days with logadm?

Hi Guys - We have the /var/adm/pacct file currently configured to log rotate using logadm - here is the entry in logadm.conf: /var/adm/pacct -C 0 -N -P 'Wed Oct 23 08:00:00 2013' -a '/usr/lib/acct/accton pacct' -g adm -m 664 -o adm -p never Just want to ask if it would like possible to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akaterasu
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Can't execute logadm proberly

Hello, I am trying to rotate my logs using logadm, so I did the following logadm -w /traces/mylogs.out -C 5 -p 1d -o user -g group -m 644 -c -t '/traces/mylogs.out.$n' -z 1 and then tried to test it by logadm -v and it gets stuck at truncation step # processing logname: /traces/mylogs.out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_asa
5 Replies
logadm.conf(4)							   File Formats 						    logadm.conf(4)

NAME
logadm.conf - configuration file for logadm command SYNOPSIS
/etc/logadm.conf DESCRIPTION
/etc/logadm.conf is the default configuration file for the log management tool logadm(1M). Comments are allowed using the pound character (#) and extend to the end of line. Each non-comment line has the form: logname options where logname is the name of the entry and options are the default command line options for the logadm command. The name of the entry may be the same as the name of the log file, or a log file name may be given in the options section of the entry. Long lines may be folded using a backslash followed by a newline to continue an entry on the next line. Single or double quotes may be used to protect spaces or alternate-style quotes in strings. The preferred method for changing /etc/logadm.conf is to use the -V, -w, and -r options to the logadm(1M) command, which allow you to lookup an entry, write an entry, or remove an entry from /etc/logadm.conf. A full description of how and when /etc/logadm.conf is used and sample entries are found in logadm(1M). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
logadm(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Dec 2001 logadm.conf(4)